Tasmania

Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:01 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tasmania

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Ian

You see this is my kinda post, close to bars and restaurants and out on the pop tonight fantastic

thanks for the info, I've noticed the properties in the places you mention around Glenorchy seem to be cheaper, know I know why.

350pw rental seems pretty reasonable Battery Point is next to the city isnt it? can you get a bus in at night or taxi or even walk? Still fancying Sandy Bay, what do you think of that area?

Is there a lot of crime there?

I know you already had jobs to go to, but does there seem plenty of work?

other half is a carpenter, would you check the local papers for me, can't apply but it would be good to know how many are advertised if any!!.

All in all are you happy there do you think you made the right choice?

So many questions sorry

Kay
Keep asking Kay!!!! (it saves me a job )
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mashy
Keep asking Kay!!!! (it saves me a job )
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:38 am
Account Closed

When do you go to Queensland?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:51 am

When do you go to Queensland?
arrive on 5th June, 8 days in Penang first
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:52 am
Account Closed

arrive on 5th June, 8 days in Penang first
Have you room in your case for a littleun
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:53 am

Have you room in your case for a littleun
Yes but you'd have to keep quiet, can you do that
Old Apr 7th 2006, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Yes but you'd have to keep quiet, can you do that
Oh bugger
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian

You see this is my kinda post, close to bars and restaurants and out on the pop tonight fantastic

thanks for the info, I've noticed the properties in the places you mention around Glenorchy seem to be cheaper, know I know why.

350pw rental seems pretty reasonable Battery Point is next to the city isnt it? can you get a bus in at night or taxi or even walk? Still fancying Sandy Bay, what do you think of that area?

Is there a lot of crime there?

I know you already had jobs to go to, but does there seem plenty of work?

other half is a carpenter, would you check the local papers for me, can't apply but it would be good to know how many are advertised if any!!.

All in all are you happy there do you think you made the right choice?

So many questions sorry

Kay
hi kay

we can walk to the city in about 10 mins, bars and restaurants on salamanca in about 2 mins down kelly's steps, along the quayside in about 5 mins.
sandy bay is a good area but quite expensive to buy there, we don't like the bars and restaurants there much tho, and also it's full of univ students. not much crime from what i've read.
plenty of work avail for a carpenter-what do you do? in today's mercury there were 4 carpentry/construction jobs.
i looked in the yellow pages and found these employment agencies:

careerone.com.au
skilled.com.au
jobsearch.gov.au
adecco.com.au
manpower.com.au
tcplacements.com
stepstas.com.au
hays.com.au
but not all of them seem to be updated as freq as others.

did we make the right choice-oh yes, no doubt.

i'm going to send you a pm as well.
ian and hel
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
hi kay

we can walk to the city in about 10 mins, bars and restaurants on salamanca in about 2 mins down kelly's steps, along the quayside in about 5 mins.
sandy bay is a good area but quite expensive to buy there, we don't like the bars and restaurants there much tho, and also it's full of univ students. not much crime from what i've read.
plenty of work avail for a carpenter-what do you do? in today's mercury there were 4 carpentry/construction jobs.
i looked in the yellow pages and found these employment agencies:

careerone.com.au
skilled.com.au
jobsearch.gov.au
adecco.com.au
manpower.com.au
tcplacements.com
stepstas.com.au
hays.com.au
but not all of them seem to be updated as freq as others.

did we make the right choice-oh yes, no doubt.

i'm going to send you a pm as well.
ian and hel
Hi

10 min walk sounds very good to me

4 carpenter jobs is brilliant shows they are still in demand.

I am not doing anything at the moment, used to work for social services dont know what I will do there, something new I hope.

Thanks for the links and so glad you are happy there

I have PM'd you also.

Kay
Old Apr 8th 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Hi

10 min walk sounds very good to me

4 carpenter jobs is brilliant shows they are still in demand.

I am not doing anything at the moment, used to work for social services dont know what I will do there, something new I hope.

Thanks for the links and so glad you are happy there

I have PM'd you also.

Kay
Hi Possums, we are moving to Tazzy for good now and not Perth.

Going to leave the UK some time in early Sept and will prob look to rent either in Taroona or Sandy Bay. Both are lovely areas with relatively no crime which is good.

When are you planning to be out there for now?

Van
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by vandiemen
Hi Possums, we are moving to Tazzy for good now and not Perth.

Going to leave the UK some time in early Sept and will prob look to rent either in Taroona or Sandy Bay. Both are lovely areas with relatively no crime which is good.

When are you planning to be out there for now?

Van
Hiya good one

as for us unfortunatley no idea when we'll get there, still cannot sell the house its a nightmare.

we are validating the visas in June and are making a decision on what to do about the house when we return.

really really want to be there now

meanwhile Col is unindated with work here and is currently involved in a new build so we cant go until that is finished, its so hard to know what to do whether to take on big projects like this or not, but I guess we have to live here as normal??

one thing is for sure there will be a big party when we do get there!!

keep us posted on your move.

Kay

p.s Sandy Bay does look lovely I really fancy there, but at this moment in time i'd live in a tin bath on the beach

Last edited by possoms; Apr 8th 2006 at 7:25 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have to keep dropping in on this thread cos Tassie fascinates me, but I just end up green with envy that you are all there (or at least en route there!).

Its the most beautiful place in the worldl I would love to live in Hobart, though the rest of the island is fab too.

Fave spots include Strahan, Lake St Clair, the Raspberry Farm near Deloraine , The Neck on Bruny - after dark, when the penguins are there! , the beach at Adventure Bay at sunrise, Tessallated Pavement at Port Arthur, the summit of Mount Wellington........could go on for hours
Anyone who gets the chance of a sightseeing flight from Hobart - try and get a flight over the forests of the southwest. That is the most incredible sight evere, hundreds of miles of unbroken trees and mountains, most never seen by humans except from the air..............

....................does anyone get idea that my heart just isn't in Brisbane!
Old Apr 15th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Hello again,

Sorry I havent replied but been away for a few days. Yes I hope your house sale goes through soon. You must be desperate to get out to Tazzy like us. Its a great place and all the stress of house moving, the visa etc will all be worth it when you finally get there.

Hope Pollyanna can get out there one day too if she can convince her other half to leave the heat of Brizzy !

All the best

Van
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by vandiemen
Hello again,

Sorry I havent replied but been away for a few days. Yes I hope your house sale goes through soon. You must be desperate to get out to Tazzy like us. Its a great place and all the stress of house moving, the visa etc will all be worth it when you finally get there.

Hope Pollyanna can get out there one day too if she can convince her other half to leave the heat of Brizzy !

All the best

Van
Thanks Van

yes we are desperate well I am, I wish we could just blow the friggin house up and sod off

all the best to you too mate