Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tapping or success

tapping or success

Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:03 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile tapping or success

Dear all me again

My wife has a chance of a job in the King Edward Memorial Hospital
in Subiaco.

We have been looking at either Tapping or Success can anyone give us any ideas of which they prefer and why.

I know they are diffrent sides of the river.
If anyone could advise of an area which would be good for schools and young children it would be very much apprciated.and why we should go there it would be good

rent to be about $300 to $600 aud per week

thanks in advance

Mick
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tapping or success

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Dear all me again

My wife has a chance of a job in the King Edward Memorial Hospital
in Subiaco.

We have been looking at either Tapping or Success can anyone give us any ideas of which they prefer and why.

I know they are diffrent sides of the river.
If anyone could advise of an area which would be good for schools and young children it would be very much apprciated.and why we should go there it would be good

rent to be about $300 to $600 aud per week

thanks in advance

Mick
Hi Mick.

We live in Tapping and really like it. It is a new area with good schools and lot's of families and plenty of parks e.t.c. Some people dub some of the Northern suburbs "little Britain" but that doesn't bother me. It would be a bit of a drive for your wife to work but I suppose it depends on how far she is used to travelling in the U.K, sorry I don,t know about success, all the best James
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:08 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: tapping or success

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi Mick.

We live in Tapping and really like it. It is a new area with good schools and lot's of families and plenty of parks e.t.c. Some people dub some of the Northern suburbs "little Britain" but that doesn't bother me. It would be a bit of a drive for your wife to work but I suppose it depends on how far she is used to travelling in the U.K, sorry I don,t know about success, all the best James
Hi James
thanks for getting back to me its appreacited
i think its a 40min drive but she is used to this at the moment
Is it quite easy to make friends etc in the area

cheers
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James

cheers
Probably 40 minutes outside rush hour, but when I worked at King Eddies it took me closer to an hour. I live just up the road in Clarkson. One of the nurses I worked with lived in Carramar and it took her about 55-60 minutes, more if there was a larger than usual amount of traffic on the freeway or an accident.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi James

cheers
Hi Mick.

The travelling will be no problem for your wife then. I lived in the south (U.K) and worked all over the place and to be honest what they call busy here is not what I call busy. Regarding making friends do you have family here?
I have a stepbrother here but no one else which helps but we are not that close and I am very homesick at the moment. Perth is full of people that have migrated here or are unsettled so it is hard to lay down solid roots and I do think you start again, you will make new friends and get through plently but have to accept this is how it's going to be.
Please pm me Mick if you want any advice, thanks James.

Btw Mick it is late here in Perth and I am off to bed, I am probably the last one awake here
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi Mick.

The travelling will be no problem for your wife then. I lived in the south (U.K) and worked all over the place and to be honest what they call busy here is not what I call busy. Regarding making friends do you have family here?
I have a stepbrother here but no one else which helps but we are not that close and I am very homesick at the moment. Perth is full of people that have migrated here or are unsettled so it is hard to lay down solid roots and I do think you start again, you will make new friends and get through plently but have to accept this is how it's going to be.
Please pm me Mick if you want any advice, thanks James.

Btw Mick it is late here in Perth and I am off to bed, I am probably the last one awake here
I'm awake! Not for much longer, though. Have to get up at 6 and it's after 11:30 now
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Hullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura aboutHullfcfans has a spectacular aura about

I've been to a few houses in Tapping, which is good, and there are plenty of locals. You can get into the city via the freeway or by rail, either of which are good options.

I can't comment on Success though.

One thing to make sure is that you are aware that your partner is likely to be able to take advantage of salary packaging arrangements, allowing her to effectively pay for living expenses up to $9,095 tax free.

There is also the option of purchasing a vehicle on a salary packaging arrangement, which may be better than getting a loan for a car depending on your circumstances.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:49 am
Banned

awayinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its a 40min drive but she is used to this at the moment.
Driving to Subiaco from Tapping in the rush hour is going to be horrible - and will take a lot longer than 40 minutes.

And going in by train will be a pig as well, as she'd have to change trains.

If her job is in Subiaco, I'd say forget about Tapping. But I don't know about Success, so can't help you with that one.

AIO