tapping area

Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tapping area

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You will find a lovely rental for the money you want to spend. Not over priced here.

Or they could buy a lovely house in either suburb!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Davey n Di is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
There are 3 primary schools in Woodvale, St Lukes is the Catholic one. Woodvale SHS is state high school and not catholic. No school fees on a 457, have to pay for school supplies but so does everyone.
Thanks Northernbird,

You're a gem!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:29 am
Just Joined

bellaleggos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I've just had my first baby and although we've been out here 5 years I haven't needed to know much about the school system until now!

So, at what age do they go to school - do they go to kindy first and is this attached to the primary school?

I live in Tapping so would ideally like her to go to Tapping Primary School - do I need to put her name down now or am I being too keen??

She was born in June so does this have any affect on when she starts school?

Any advice greatly received.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bellaleggos
Hi guys,

I've just had my first baby and although we've been out here 5 years I haven't needed to know much about the school system until now!

So, at what age do they go to school - do they go to kindy first and is this attached to the primary school?

I live in Tapping so would ideally like her to go to Tapping Primary School - do I need to put her name down now or am I being too keen??

You don't need to worry about Kindy just yet, unless you want your child to go private at St Stephens or any other private school. Usually in about the July/August the enrolments will open up for the following year. In your case you will be enrolling your child in 2011 for start in Kindy in 2012. The way the cut off dates are at the moment your child will be one of the youngest in the year as the it runs from July 1st to June 30th.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:31 am
Just Joined

bellaleggos is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thanks for the info northernbird
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:13 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: tapping area

Originally Posted by bellaleggos
Hi guys,

Hi there i started this thread just wondering if you can advise waht the tapping area is like.
we have two children and would appreciate your commments also as a young couple like to get out to restraunts etc is there shops local etc and how child friendly are they

thanks
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:16 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi there i started this thread just wondering if you can advise waht the tapping area is like.
we have two children and would appreciate your commments also as a young couple like to get out to restraunts etc is there shops local etc and how child friendly are they

thanks
Tapping is a new suburb about 10 minutes drive from Joondalup. The nearest shops and resaurants are there too. There will be a shopping centre in Carramar opening over the next 12 months which will have a Woolworths and other small shops. The area is prime family territory so if you can cope with being a 10 minute drive from everything then you should find it OK.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:25 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: tapping area

Originally Posted by northernbird
Tapping is a new suburb about 10 minutes drive from Joondalup. The nearest shops and resaurants are there too. There will be a shopping centre in Carramar opening over the next 12 months which will have a Woolworths and other small shops. The area is prime family territory so if you can cope with being a 10 minute drive from everything then you should find it OK.

thanks that all sounds good is there an area or streets you could advice for renting.
i will be looking to rent for the first year anyway
close to schools and nursreys

thanks

mick
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:57 pm
Gutter Gob!!

thanks that all sounds good is there an area or streets you could advice for renting.

thanks

mick
Tapping is suburb of some 3000 people. I am sure wherever you rent will be nice and only a short walk to the school.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

thanks

mick
Hey...my house is nice
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

I live in Tapping and have kids at Tapping School, which I have found to be excellent. All the houses are new nothing much older than 5 years, blocks are generally quite small. Although there are a lot of young families in the area, I would say that I find it out the way for everything, everything is a car journey away, from the train station, to walking the dog, to shopping. If you dont mind driving, to get out for the evening, then it may suit you.
I would also say you would definitely need a car.

Rental are going down in price, as there are so many houses that havent sold recently that are now rentals, so getting a nice 4 bedroom place wont be a problem, but it is unlikely you will find a good choice of rentals with a pool.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:24 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

mick
Tapping Primary is bordered by Palmerston Crescent, St Stephens Crescent, and Waldburg Drive. There is an ABC Learning Centre. And a new nursery will be built later (signs up already) on the corner of Clarkson Ave and Waldburg Dr. A big playground is the other side of the primary school.

Rent anywhere around there and you can walk to school, nursery, playground From there you will also be able to walk to the Woolworth (supermarket) that's meant to be finished by December this year.

You can find the streets on Google Earth and www.whereis.com

Alternatively, PM me your email address and I scan and email you the Page from the Perth UBD map.

Gina