Taking Gun

Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Wink Taking Gun

Has any one taken there shotguns across or knows how to?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Taking Gun

Originally Posted by ronnie98
How easy is it to get my gun certificate in OZ????????????????
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

How easy is it to get my gun certificate in OZ????????????????
Which State are you going to? And are you planning on joining gun clubs?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 9th 2009 at 3:45 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which State are you going to? And are you planning on joining gun clubs?
Qld and yes I would join a club as I only shoot clays.
Ronnie
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Is that a sawn off gun? & is your moniker ronnie as in Kray?

Sorry, couln't resist that one
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
Is that a sawn off gun? & is your moniker ronnie as in Kray?

Sorry, couln't resist that one
not yet!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:30 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

The way it works (correct me if I am wrong as I have never imported) is that you seek permission to import from the police and also arrange for a broker in your destination City to take ownership of the firearm on your behalf until you have a license here and can house it.

The Firearm is shipped with your gear with a copy of the import authorisation from the police for Customs and AQIS. The Firearms Dealer then takes possession of the firearm at the docks and holds it on your behalf until you have obtained a license and can demonstrate to your licensed club (or police) that you have the safe to hold it. At which point you "buy" the firearm back from the dealer as if it was a new acquisition, which in the eyes of the police it is.

However, the following PDF from Customs doesn't mention all of this

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re..._firearms1.pdf

There is also this article from the SSAA back in 1999 (which may be out of date)

http://www.ssaa.org.au/research/1999...-firearms.html

Note the following section on import taxes
Duties/taxes on imported firearms
Currently there is up to 5 per cent import duty with an effective sales tax of 26.4 per cent on imported firearms. The customs value will be assessed on the Free on Board (FOB) price of the item.
You really should check with customs on the current proper procedure to make triple sure.

I shoot centrefire Action Pistol not long arms, but I do also hold a long arms license as well as a pistol license. Getting a Pistol license was a mess of paperwork including references from police I knew in the UK, several interviews with the pistol club and a full domestic and international review by the police. As you have just been through this for the immigration process it won't be a surprise. I started on a provisional license and after demonstrating competency (I've been shooting for 20+ years) and commitment through attendance at competitions, etc, I was granted a full license. I then used that license as the basis for procuring a long arms license (much easier to obtain) which I use to shoot centrefire rifle and .22LR at a club.

Al
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

The way it works (correct me if I am wrong as I have never imported) is that you seek permission to import from the police and also arrange for a broker in your destination City to take ownership of the firearm on your behalf until you have a license here and can house it.
That is correct, you will also definitely have to join a gun club and amongst the war and peace paperwork you will also have to provide certified evidence of secure storage. It will pay dividends to get to know and communicate with the police officers who are handling your case in BOTH countries.

Mine descended into a palava when the Irish one was transferred to a different section and I had to start again with an less than helpful one, so I gave up and have my rifle in secure storage in Ireland.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby sold his prior to moving. Was way too complicated.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

looked into 3 years ago,far too much messing about,you can buy most of the good brands here ,Browning,Beretta etc.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

ive just bought over a .22 airrifle and a .223 rifle.to get it out of the uk all you
do is let your firearms dept know your exporting them.there is no permit to acquire as there classed as personal possesions.i locked mine in the safe.
let your shipping company know and they,ll add it to the inventory which customs will recieve so will know to expect them.we came to brisbane and our belongings went to our shipping company then customs and aquis came over to inspect it all.customs seized the guns and put them in customs armoury for me to collect once i have the relevent paperwork.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
ive just bought over a .22 airrifle and a .223 rifle.to get it out of the uk all you
do is let your firearms dept know your exporting them.there is no permit to acquire as there classed as personal possesions.i locked mine in the safe.
let your shipping company know and they,ll add it to the inventory which customs will recieve so will know to expect them.we came to brisbane and our belongings went to our shipping company then customs and aquis came over to inspect it all.customs seized the guns and put them in customs armoury for me to collect once i have the relevent paperwork.
Thanks for the advice, how long did it take to get your licence so you could collect the guns?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice, how long did it take to get your licence so you could collect the guns?
i havent even started to apply yet:curse:been so busy sorting things out but from what i,ve been told it takes around 3months.in hid site i wish i sold mine before coming out
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
i havent even started to apply yet:curse:been so busy sorting things out but from what i,ve been told it takes around 3months.in hid site i wish i sold mine before coming out
I might just do that!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough

I might just do that!
Hi just sorting out my guns. this might help you. http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resourc...ents/Form1.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.