Taking The Dogs

Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

maxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura about
Default Taking The Dogs

Has anyone taken their dogs out to Oz, can you give me some idea of cost & quarantine restrictions.

We have 2 Springer Spaniels
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Taking The Dogs

We are moving to Queensland at the end of the year and are taking our golden lab. We have had a few quotes which are based on his size and he is quite big, it going to cost about the £2200 then there is vet fees and you have to pay for quarantine when in Australia which will be around £400/500. We expect to spend around £3500 as we also have to get him for Sydney to Townsville, but he's worth every penny.

Where in Australia do you plan to move to?
They spend 30 days in quarantine, and there is only 3 stations, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.

Hope this helps

Good Luck
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

maxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura about

Looking at Brisbane at the mo.

Do you think the cost would be double for 2 dogs or is it per shipment?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:44 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maxtye
Has anyone taken their dogs out to Oz, can you give me some idea of cost & quarantine restrictions.

We have 2 Springer Spaniels
Just had quotes for 2 boxers coming in around £4-5000 We are still waiting on a few others to get back to us.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

You may get it slightly cheaper as you are taking two, but you will need two crates. And I think if I remember rightly the quarantine may also be slightly cheaper as they can share a kennel try the AQIS site, if you can't find it let me know.

Send me your email via PM and I can send you a document on this.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

alan_blue is an unknown quantity at this point

we are taking two king cahrles spaniels next yer and we have had an average quote of around the £2500 mark. there are so many agencies and the cheapest one we have found is a company called airsupply, anyone know of these guys?