Taking Dogs

Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Taking Dogs

How much time do you need to allow for your dog to be ready to travel to australia? We are taking our two dogs with us and I just want a general idea on time scales so that I'll know when I'll need to get the ball rolling.

Thanks
Dolly
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:15 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Dogs

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
How much time do you need to allow for your dog to be ready to travel to australia? We are taking our two dogs with us and I just want a general idea on time scales so that I'll know when I'll need to get the ball rolling.

Thanks
Dolly
There's a bundle of threads on here about this, have a search...

There's two important tests that they must pass, the Lepto and Ehrlicia ones... General advice seems to be don't have your dogs vaccinated against Lepto when they're next due, and get your dogs tested for the Ehrlichia stuff asap because if they test positive you may need to get them on a course of antibiotics to get the readings down.

Needless to say no pass no fly...
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Dogs

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2

Thanks
Dolly
6 months minimum I'd say, to include shopping around for a few quotes, booking quarantine, getting vaccinations & blood tests done. But the longer you have to plan it the better! There are lots of threads about this already, with some good info - do a search for export dogs - lots of help.