Taking the dog

Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Alex_Charlotte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking the dog

Hello,

Can anyone help me, we have just had our medicals and sent our application off at the begining of the month. When in the process should i get an agency to help us take my dog Bentley. We have had many quotes for him but just not sure then to go ahead with it.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking dog question??

Originally Posted by Alex_Charlotte
Hello,

Can anyone help me, we have just had our medicals and sent our application off at the begining of the month. When in the process should i get an agency to help us take my dog Bentley. We have had many quotes for him but just not sure then to go ahead with it.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
There's been a lot of threads on this recently. I am shipping mine with golden arrow who I am pleased with so far. Total cost for mine is around £4k I have included everything in this price from shipping to blood tests and quarantine. Although I think it's a phenomenal amount of money to pay, I wouldn't want to leave them behind
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Taking the dog

We used Golden Arrow too and they were great,very efficient and the paperwork they sent was really easy follow.I think it's cheaper if you do everything yourself but I found that I had so many other things to think about and organise that it was much easier to let someone else do it for us.
Timewise,I think the main factor is the quarantine kennels here in Oz get booked up well in advance so you need to be looking at booking them in as soon as you know when you'll be moving out.
It cost us about 3000 GBP altogether but it was worth it and our dog coped with it all really well.
Good luck
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

At one time i would have said, YOUR MAD, paying all that for a dog.
Now we have our little Schitzu, boony lad, I would not hesitate to pay, it would be like leaving one of the kids behind.
Denise x
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Australia Immigration will become famous soon enough

Hi

It can definitely be completed for less than $3 K but it depends on how much you want to spend and have time to get involved.

I would not start the process until you are ready to leave the country and that will give you additional time at the other end to get yourself stable.

Regards

Chris
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

That depends on where in Aus you are going, Eastern states seem to be ok but perth has a small quarantine station and there can be up to a 2 month waiting list. As we went on short notice we left on 26th june we could not get our dog into perth until 14th August!
As soon as you have an idea that you are ready to go as what the first available date is for quarantine, My company that i used advised they would not charge if i changed the flight date either.