Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

taking croc teeth into oz and other stuff later

taking croc teeth into oz and other stuff later

Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default taking croc teeth into oz and other stuff later

I am going to perth for a month in jan and last time i was in oz i purchased a croc teeth necklace from an outdoor market cause it was a little less than from souviner shops,anyway i have no proof really the animal had been killed etc so was worried about taking it back to uk which was fine no questions where asked etc.
But as i like to wear it often i wonder if them in australia would be the same do you think customs would take it off me,not allow me to take it in,or not bother asking?
If i put it away in my case or wear it whats best?

Also when i make a move to oz in the future i also have a croc head,small one purchased from a darwin shop and also a kangroo skin from another,what would they say about taking them into oz,i like the skin as it has a painting on it which makes in rare i think,any advice on these too.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:00 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking croc teeth into oz and other stuff later

Originally Posted by brian.w
I am going to perth for a month in jan and last time i was in oz i purchased a croc teeth necklace from an outdoor market cause it was a little less than from souviner shops,anyway i have no proof really the animal had been killed etc so was worried about taking it back to uk which was fine no questions where asked etc.
But as i like to wear it often i wonder if them in australia would be the same do you think customs would take it off me,not allow me to take it in,or not bother asking?

Also when i make a move to oz in the future i also have a croc head,small one purchased from a darwin shop and also a kangroo skin from another,what would they say about taking them into oz,i like the skin as it has a painting on it which makes in rare i think,any advice on these too.

Can't help you with the teeth, but I'm pretty sure they will knock back the head and roo skin on quarantine grounds, regardless of where you bought them. Even if they let them in, they would have to be treated to kill any bugs/diseases(or possible).

Last edited by The Bloke; Dec 29th 2008 at 10:02 am.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w

Have a look at the link and the info given to you when you asked last year

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489890
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Hmmm I would go with the declare declare declare... they will ask you what you have, they may look at what you have, they may not. In my case i brought i leather bridle, bugs and insects in resin, a little wooden trinket box prob from india but im not sure, food, oh all sorts really and they seemed annoyed with me for wasting their time!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I had a plastic sharks tooth on a necklace when i entered OZ and what a performance that caused.
It drew attention in every customs i went through. It was only plastic
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I had a plastic sharks tooth on a necklace when i entered OZ and what a performance that caused.
ooo how exciting!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:17 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Like me when I shipped my stuff out - plastic seeds in a silk flower on a hat. They swore black was blue that they were real seeds, $80 for destruction.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why was my move so uneventful???

My kids managed to sneak in cows teeth (unclean) and bones (dirty) and daughter even had a tupperware container of horse hair and hay from the stables... add to that the feathers on my xmas ornaments i forgot to remove and the half a branch of a real christmas tree in teh xmas box... plus all the fossils and the rocking horse with real horse hair... it all came through no probs... and did i say i forgot to clean the hoover?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:10 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Why was my move so uneventful???

My kids managed to sneak in cows teeth (unclean) and bones (dirty) and daughter even had a tupperware container of horse hair and hay from the stables... add to that the feathers on my xmas ornaments i forgot to remove and the half a branch of a real christmas tree in teh xmas box... plus all the fossils and the rocking horse with real horse hair... it all came through no probs... and did i say i forgot to clean the hoover?
Lucky lucky
Can I use your name next time I want to bring stuff over?