Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Take care when/if shipping your car!!

Take care when/if shipping your car!!

Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough
Default Take care when/if shipping your car!!

I dont post / am not on here often but I am so about it I thought I better give it a mention.

If your thinking about shipping your car over to oz please take care and make sure you insure it well and take all the things the are "removeable" off it and pack thos items in your luggage / seperate container your shipping your furniture in!

Hubby's Kit Car is now in our garage after he picked it up today and it has no grills (the stainless steel front grill and side air intake grills) which he had actually taken the time to take out and lock them in the boot just in case, and no gear knob ( A nice expensive Isotta one I bought him for christmas) as they have been kindly stolen by whomever has been dealing with the car.

Typical - they ask for the keys to move the vehicle about and also kindly steal anything they can while they do it - I wonder if the sterio had been in there if they would have nicked that? Havent a clue if it was the UK or the Oz end that did it, but at the end of the day I dont care - it shouldnt happen when your paying silly money to ship a friggin car. It was a convertable so the gear knob - well I guess thats temptation, but to unlock and steal from the boot - thats just plain out for what you can get.

He arranged the shipping of the vehicle so I am sorry, I do not know the names of the companies involved at the mo - leave me a PM if you need info and ill try and get back to you on that.

All I hope is that as the gear knob was a nice shiney metal one that the person that nicked it will burn their hands to hell on it when it gets hot in the sun. .....and may grills not fit his car and be totally useless!!

Ok Rant over - other then that we are enjoying Oz very much and everything is fine and dandy and great!