Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney where to stay - help!

Sydney where to stay - help!

Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney where to stay - help!

Originally Posted by kateandpaul
Hi Debs,

We stayed in Parramatta in May, we stayed at the Rydges Hotel.
Took the River Cat into Sydney.
We're emmigrating in Jan my OH is already there, staying in Castle Hill.
Thanks Kate, I will check that out. We live in the GC and we are going down for business.
good luck
Debs
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:56 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Why don't you stay in Parramatta. There are good motels/ hotels there. You would have an easy drive to Castle Hill and your friends would have the choice of train or rivercat to get into the city.
Driving from Parra to Castle Hill would be about 30 mins and a lot more in the peak. As a tourist would you want stay in Croydon if you were visiting London?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

The drive to Castle Hill would be fine. She would be going against the traffic and doubt it would take 30 minutes. If she is going to the Norwest Business Park it would take less time than to Castle Hill.
Haven't lived in Croydon, no nothing about it, but given that one has to work and others have no transport Parramatta is the sensible compromise. As I said, there is good accommodation, historical sights to visit, not that bad a place to stay for a few days and easy access to the City.
Do you know Parramatta well?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:28 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gibbo
The drive to Castle Hill would be fine. She would be going against the traffic and doubt it would take 30 minutes. If she is going to the Norwest Business Park it would take less time than to Castle Hill.
Haven't lived in Croydon, no nothing about it, but given that one has to work and others have no transport Parramatta is the sensible compromise. As I said, there is good accommodation, historical sights to visit, not that bad a place to stay for a few days and easy access to the City.
Do you know Parramatta well?
I used to work nearby and been out there. It has a couple of OK eating spots but is as attractive a place as Croydon (think soulless office blocks). When compared to staying in the CBD with a heap of things to see and do as well as being next to the harbour I know which I would rather take.