Sydney weather

Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:27 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney weather

What's the weather like in Sydney atm? I'm thinking more in terms of temperature than rain/sunshine. We're going to be arriving in Sydney on 19th August, and I'm thinking about what clothes to put in the suitcases and what to stick in with the freight. Not that we have a lot of clothes (well, I don't!) but thinking in terms of the space in suitcase being better utilised and keeping unnecessary weight down.

If it's particularly chilly right now, I'll chuck in a load of dd's winter jumpers and trousers, otherwise it'll be skirts and t-shirts.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney weather

Couldn't tell you from personal experience as I'm not there

However this http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forec...p?locCode=SIDX may give you an idea.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bella

We are having superb weather in Sydney - though it is unseasonably warm I'm told. It is still very chilly in the morning and evening, but reaches highs of about 20 degrees during the day - lots of blue skies and sunshine.

Definitely keep out some warm clothes - most houses here do not cater for colder weather. We often find its colder inside than outside! We tend to wear a lot of layers so we can peel them off during the day, then add them back when it starts to cool down.

Trax

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
What's the weather like in Sydney atm? I'm thinking more in terms of temperature than rain/sunshine. We're going to be arriving in Sydney on 19th August, and I'm thinking about what clothes to put in the suitcases and what to stick in with the freight. Not that we have a lot of clothes (well, I don't!) but thinking in terms of the space in suitcase being better utilised and keeping unnecessary weight down.

If it's particularly chilly right now, I'll chuck in a load of dd's winter jumpers and trousers, otherwise it'll be skirts and t-shirts.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:43 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

As above
we found it colder last year. so i think we are having a good year. if your nipping out to the pub for a pint at this time of year, u might need a jacket the suns shining through my window at the mo and its nice and toasty outside. we found last year it started to heat up at the end of august, so you should be fine. good luck