Sydney Suburbs

Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Stoobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sydney Suburbs

Hi Folks

Looking for some info/help.

I will be moving to Sydney in October and I am looking for some advice on decent suburbs in Sydney and no go areas, I have friends in the area but I would like an unbiased view.

I will be working in Homebush and I would be willing to commute about 30 to 40k km for work.

Need info on good schools, housing, services etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:09 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Suburbs

Originally Posted by Stoobs
Hi Folks

I will be moving to Sydney in October and I am looking for some advice on decent suburbs in Sydney and no go areas, I have friends in the area but I would like an unbiased view.

I will be working in Homebush and I would be willing to commute about 30 to 40k km for work.

Hi

Welcome to the board!

Theres been a few people post on here recently who are moving to Homebush area and asking similar questions. If you do a search (top right of the forum if you've not used it before) on 'homebush' I'm sure you'll find some useful information.

HTH
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Homebush has good transport links, however I presume that you will get a car?

In peak hour traffic, you could be travelling for more than an hour coming from 40 kms away.

Generally speaking, North/North East of Homebush are more expensive areas, South and West are more affordable.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Hi and Welcome

It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of being near to the beach, which is what many people want.

I travel to Homebush a lot and have been looking at moving slightly closer recently. I live up just north of Castle Hill and whilst this is within the range of K's you talk about it's a real pain driving down there all the time. I travel only at off peak times and it takes around 35 mins.

I have been looking at Beecrfot and Cheltenham (to get my kids into Cheltenham girls school - good public high school). However, areas such as Epping, Carlingford and North Rocks are all really good suburbs as well - in the same sort of area. This will mean about a 20 min drive to Homebush (offpeak).

I asked a similar question to you a while ago and basically the answer seemed to be that people sent their kids to private schools in the Homebush area as the local ones were not very good. Also, much of the houseing in that immediate area is in apartments not houses.

I hope that helps a bit - please ask more questions as you have them.

Take care

Rudi
x
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Hi and Welcome

It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of being near to the beach, which is what many people want.

I travel to Homebush a lot and have been looking at moving slightly closer recently. I live up just north of Castle Hill and whilst this is within the range of K's you talk about it's a real pain driving down there all the time. I travel only at off peak times and it takes around 35 mins.

I have been looking at Beecroft and Cheltenham (to get my kids into Cheltenham girls school - good public high school). However, areas such as Epping, Carlingford and North Rocks are all really good suburbs as well - in the same sort of area. This will mean about a 20 min drive to Homebush (offpeak).

I asked a similar question to you a while ago and basically the answer seemed to be that people sent their kids to private schools in the Homebush area as the local ones were not very good. Also, much of the housing in that immediate area is in apartments not houses.

I hope that helps a bit - please ask more questions as you have them.

Take care

Rudi
x