Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanna be a chippy in FNQ

wanna be a chippy in FNQ

Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:28 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default wanna be a chippy in FNQ

Hi I'm soon to be a qualified nurse and asap we want to go out to OZ and work there (FNQ, Cairns is favourite). OH is a carpenter/chippy/cabinet maker with no formal qualifications and am wondering what his employment prospects are...we're aware of the blue card but will he need anything else to work as a chippy in queensland, he's 51 I'm 36 so I will be the main applicant.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanna be a chippy in FNQ

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi I'm soon to be a qualified nurse and asap we want to go out to OZ and work there (FNQ, Cairns is favourite). OH is a carpenter/chippy/cabinet maker with no formal qualifications and am wondering what his employment prospects are...we're aware of the blue card but will he need anything else to work as a chippy in queensland, he's 51 I'm 36 so I will be the main applicant.

Most chippies work in gangs of 2 and subcontract, to do that you need the licence, search on QBSA, tons of thread on it have been done before.

However working in FNQ (HEAT :scared: ) as a chippie/brickie whatever would not be most peoples idea of an ideal job, so if your prepared to do it and can get the quals, with summer coming on you could do OK.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 12:50 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: wanna be a chippy in FNQ

Thanks for the reply, are you a chippy then? I'm aiming for Cairns only because when I went travelling in Oz many moons ago that is where I spent most of my time and I really liked it....was there total of about 10 months and was never particularly bothered by the climate, I suppose if we go there then I'll be OK in a nice aircon hospital and he'll be sweating his whatsits off on some building site but nevermind he's pretty resilient he he