Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Sydney Suburb is 10 mins from coast and 25 mins from CBD?

Which Sydney Suburb is 10 mins from coast and 25 mins from CBD?

Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:19 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which Sydney Suburb is 10 mins from coast and 25 mins from CBD?

I'm trying to get a comparison on house prices between Sydney and Perth. Friends of ours are in the process of building a 4 bed massive house with double garage in Perth - they're 10 mins from beach and 25 mins from CBD - I'm trying (just for fun!) to work out what that sort of house would cost in Sydney.

Any takers to help me out
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:12 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Sydney Suburb is 10 mins from coast and 25 mins from CBD?

Depends on what time of day you plan to travel to the CBD. Are we talking 25 mins on a good run, or 25 mins at 8am weekdays?

On a good run (and within approx. 30 mins on train) you might look at Sutherland/Gymea.

On the north side I guess Frenches Forest (this is expensive I believe) across to Narabeen (pretty much on the coast).

Due to the harbour the 'expensive' corridor extends inland quite a bit - anywhere near the harbour is going to be pricey - not just the coast.

Hope this helps a bit - have fun comparing!

Graham
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:27 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Depends on what time of day you plan to travel to the CBD. Are we talking 25 mins on a good run, or 25 mins at 8am weekdays?

On a good run (and within approx. 30 mins on train) you might look at Sutherland/Gymea.

On the north side I guess Frenches Forest (this is expensive I believe) across to Narabeen (pretty much on the coast).

Due to the harbour the 'expensive' corridor extends inland quite a bit - anywhere near the harbour is going to be pricey - not just the coast.

Hope this helps a bit - have fun comparing!

Graham
Cheers Graham

I'll check out those areas now
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

vanderaj is an unknown quantity at this point

French's Forest is further away from the sea than 10 minutes. It is about 25 minutes to the CBD.

I would use Ashwood in the inner south west, and Chatswood, Wollstonecraft, Lane Cove or Greenwich (where I used to live) for the North Shore. Any closer in to the CBD (like Neutral Bay or Kirribilli) makes the comparison difficult to make. For the inner east, it can take a long time to the CBD due to the TERRIBLE crapola going to Bondi and nothing is really that far from the CBD or the sea if you're doing it at 2.30 am. For example, Rose Bay is much closer to the harbour and Bondi than your requirements. And outrageously expensive.

Andrew
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:01 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vanderaj
French's Forest is further away from the sea than 10 minutes.
You must be thinking of another Frenches Forest Andrew. If Chatswood, Lane Cove etc are closer to the coast then I shall gladly chop off one of my limbs with a rusty bread knife

Graham
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:02 am
Just Joined

vanderaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northerner
You must be thinking of another Frenches Forest Andrew. If Chatswood, Lane Cove etc are closer to the coast then I shall gladly chop off one of my limbs with a rusty bread knife

Graham
Okay, I was confused with another suburb's location (Pymble) as I only went to Frenchs Forest rarely. It is closer to Manly than Greenwich, etc.

thanks,
Andrew