Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney or Perth?

Sydney or Perth?

Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

sassykh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney or Perth?

Hello, Am new to this forum. Hubby & I have 175 visas and plan to arrive in 2013.

We have visited Sydney twice, but heard v good things about Perth so thinking of doing a trip early next you to help our choice.

Anyone else with a similar dilemma?

Thanks Sarah
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney or Perth?

I guess we all had to make that decision at one point.

For us it came down to job opportunities, my husband is in a very niche area and the only place he was ever going to find work was Sydney. So that was decision made for us.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:57 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Young couple who enjoy clubbing, late nights out....Don't go to Perth.

Couple with kids who like staying in and going to bed early....go to Perth.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:38 am
New To Perth!

ScotsSal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Young couple who enjoy clubbing, late nights out....Don't go to Perth.

Couple with kids who like staying in and going to bed early....go to Perth.
Agree. I am someone who enjoys clubbing and late nights and Perth isn't as good as Sydney for that. However, I didn't have the luxury of choice as opportunities in the oil and gas industry are few and far between in cities outwith Perth.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:44 am
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

For us it was easy as the job offer was in Sydney

However I have been to Perth and for us it was way to quite and felt very isolated. I guess it also depends where you are coming from. We moved from the outskirts of London and like to have the choice of living near the buzz of a bigger city, also the serenity of the beaches and country side Sydney has to offer. Perth is nice, but not for us. Good luck