Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sydney meet at Clontaff

sydney meet at Clontaff

Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sydney meet at Clontaff

Originally Posted by rumbletum
you will have to break the code.. she is sworn to secrecy....you should know how hard it is to infiltrate the secret society of the nurses mafia :
nah nah, all i will need to do is throw in a few abbreviated nursing terms and she will fall for it.
for once she might think i know what im talking about
Old Dec 13th 2004, 11:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

the photos

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=21907
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

wezzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: sydney meet at Clontaff

Originally Posted by soapy
i think a good idea would be to sort somethin out for xmas. maybe around boxing day. adults drinking party or something like that.
it was a good bunch of peep today. a lot didnt get the chance to chat. so maybe another night out might sort that.
that sounds good to me,but how do you know when a meet has been aranged, and does everyone have a rose on their tops so new people know who is who. is it a case of looking at the forum
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wezzer
that sounds good to me,but how do you know when a meet has been aranged, and does everyone have a rose on their tops so new people know who is who. is it a case of looking at the forum
That's a very important question. I roamed around eves dropping on conversations listening for British Accents. It did work but not to be recommended.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to the folks who had the great idea of the meet. It was a superb location and the company was great. We both had approached the event with our usual paranoid nervousness but there was no need. To those who don't know this bunch of ex-pats they are a really nice crowd. Our boys enjoyed themselves and want to know when we are going back. This really was out first social outing with other people since we arrived in Sydney a month ago. It made us feel part of the human race again instead of Stepford husbands. Thanks Guys.

Ian 12, Robert,
Richard & Lee
Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:45 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by wezzer
dont worry about it, we will keep u posted on the next meeting.
u wont have to hunt for us, we will let u know what and where to look out for.

soapy
Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Ian12
Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to the folks who had the great idea of the meet. It was a superb location and the company was great. We both had approached the event with our usual paranoid nervousness but there was no need. To those who don't know this bunch of ex-pats they are a really nice crowd. Our boys enjoyed themselves and want to know when we are going back. This really was out first social outing with other people since we arrived in Sydney a month ago. It made us feel part of the human race again instead of Stepford husbands. Thanks Guys.

Ian 12, Robert,
Richard & Lee
auch, u would say that lol
lets hope the meets get bigger and better.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Chardonnay will become famous soon enough

Thanx everyone who was at the meet. we had a great day, some great laughs too.
photos are on the board now for u all to see. u will notice there are none of me again. some were taken, but if they are added i will reap revenge with a cracking pic of sharon....U have been warned Shaz
thanx again for a great day. after that bridge walk i just needed to sit.

soapy
Hi all,

Chad and I had a great time on Sunday. We didn't manage to speak to everyone which was a shame I definately think we should organise another one very soon.

Soapy - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee can I post the photo of you and the guys - I could blank your face out? You wouldn't really post that nasty photo of me, would you? We wouldn't want to scare people

Cheers,
Sharon & Chad
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chardonnay
Hi all,

Chad and I had a great time on Sunday. We didn't manage to speak to everyone which was a shame I definately think we should organise another one very soon.

Soapy - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee can I post the photo of you and the guys - I could blank your face out? You wouldn't really post that nasty photo of me, would you? We wouldn't want to scare people

Cheers,
Sharon & Chad

Dig the new name Shazza
Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Chardonnay
Hi all,

Cheers,
Sharon & Chad
ha ha ha , u dare post my photo. i have made a funny one of u standing on your own with a few bits added.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

wezzer is an unknown quantity at this point

dont worry about it, we will keep u posted on the next meeting.
u wont have to hunt for us, we will let u know what and where to look out for.

soapy
ah thats good i can breath a sigh of relief dont have to where any roses.
cant wait you all sound such fun