Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies (FTC) Friday Night Out without Husbands and Kids - yippeeeeee!

Sydney Ladies (FTC) Friday Night Out without Husbands and Kids - yippeeeeee!

Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:45 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about
Smile Sydney Ladies (FTC) Friday Night Out without Husbands and Kids - yippeeeeee!

Ok I have checked out some venues and think that the RoofBar at the top of the Skygraden is probably the best idea. Its quite large and has a roof terrace, also serves bar type food for those that would like to get there earlier and have something to soak up all that alcohol later on, and is very central. Once everyone has arrived we can then decide where to head to for the rest of the evening - I have got the details of a few other good bars in the area from the guys and gals at work who are lucky enough to go out more than once a year!

How to get there:

It is located at the very top of the Skygarden Shopping Precinct. The skygarden is accessed from a number of streets but I will give you directions from the pedestrianised part of Pitt Street as hopefully most of you are familiar with that (if not look for corner of Pitt and King Streets on a map).

The entrance to the skygarden is opposite the Vodafone shop (quite easy to spot) and you walk in between Borders and Sportsgirl. Once in the centre you need to take either the lift or escalator to the very top - just keep going! There are regular signs for the Roofbar and you can't really miss it.

Meeting up:

For those like me who would like to eat before we start lots of drinking I would suggest we meet about 5:30pm. Hopefully this will be early enough to get a good table on the terrace (weather permitting). For those of you heading in later I suggest you have a look around and if you can't see us give me a call and I'll make sure I have my mobile with me.

For those of you interested:

The English shop (I think its called Treats from Home) is also located in the Skygarden if you wish to stock up with goodies! Level 1 or 2 I'm not sure but take the escalator instead of the lift and you will spot it.

I will be checking this site tomorrow while at work so please reply or PM me if you need any further information. I'm looking forward to a night out. See you all tomorrow.

Px
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Ladies (FTC) Friday Night Out without Husbands and Kids - yippeeeeee!

Originally Posted by poppet
Ok I have checked out some venues and think that the RoofBar at the top of the Skygraden is probably the best idea. Its quite large and has a roof terrace, also serves bar type food for those that would like to get there earlier and have something to soak up all that alcohol later on, and is very central. Once everyone has arrived we can then decide where to head to for the rest of the evening - I have got the details of a few other good bars in the area from the guys and gals at work who are lucky enough to go out more than once a year!

How to get there:

It is located at the very top of the Skygarden Shopping Precinct. The skygarden is accessed from a number of streets but I will give you directions from the pedestrianised part of Pitt Street as hopefully most of you are familiar with that (if not look for corner of Pitt and King Streets on a map).

The entrance to the skygarden is opposite the Vodafone shop (quite easy to spot) and you walk in between Borders and Sportsgirl. Once in the centre you need to take either the lift or escalator to the very top - just keep going! There are regular signs for the Roofbar and you can't really miss it.

Meeting up:

For those like me who would like to eat before we start lots of drinking I would suggest we meet about 5:30pm. Hopefully this will be early enough to get a good table on the terrace (weather permitting). For those of you heading in later I suggest you have a look around and if you can't see us give me a call and I'll make sure I have my mobile with me.

For those of you interested:

The English shop (I think its called Treats from Home) is also located in the Skygarden if you wish to stock up with goodies! Level 1 or 2 I'm not sure but take the escalator instead of the lift and you will spot it.

I will be checking this site tomorrow while at work so please reply or PM me if you need any further information. I'm looking forward to a night out. See you all tomorrow.

Px
Are the rest of meeting you around 7-7.30?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:58 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Ladies (FTC) Friday Night Out without Husbands and Kids - yippeeeeee!

Thanks Poppet - you're a star!

See you tomorrow. . . .

B
x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

andyspud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudi
Are the rest of meeting you around 7-7.30?

Hi rudi
a few of us are hoping to leave turramurra around 6.30 pm so should be in the city by 7.30pm latest

looking forward to a great night out
Andy
its diet coke really!!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Is anyone getting the ferry across from manly ? if so could i tag along with you please as im really useless with directions, so my hubby tells me !!!
cheers
mandy