Sydney Hotels

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:27 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Hotels

Going over to Sydney for a couple of days in February, and looking for a hotel to stay in. Somewhere in the city, maybe near Darling Harbour. Any suggestions probably up to $300 a night.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Sydney Hotels

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Going over to Sydney for a couple of days in February, and looking for a hotel to stay in. Somewhere in the city, maybe near Darling Harbour. Any suggestions probably up to $300 a night.
Check out wotif.com - I booked a gorgeous hotel in Melbourne for family visitors - really good price and very helpful service if you call rather than booking online (which is also really easy) I have also just booked them another weekend in Sydney in 5* hotel near Circular Quay and the Rocks for $180 per night

Also try harboursideapartments.com.au the apartments are not fantastic but the view is - straight across to Luna Park (without the noise) on the left, and the bridge with the Opera House underneath to the right, and the McMahons Point ferry stop is less than 5mins walk from the hotel - Beautiful !

Hope you have a good break
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sydney Hotels

I was in Sydeny in Dec 08 and stayed in the Sofitel - lovely hotel, about a 15 min walk to the Harbour.

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3665...th/index.shtml
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I would also recommend using Wotif to get a good deal and if you're not fussy about where you stay you could try one of their mystery deals.

I've stayed in a few hotels in Sydney (some several times) - all of which were good - comments as follows:

Mantra 2 Bond on George Street - close to the harbour, the Rocks etc
http://cityhotels.mantraresorts.com....=article&ID=21

Swissotel on Market Street - very close to the shops, next to the monorail and short walk to Darling Harbour
http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Destinat...el+Description

Holiday Inn on George Street in the Rocks - great location
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...uestid=2243870

Rydges World Square - a bit further away from Circular Quay, but on the monorail and walking distance to everything -also cheaper than the others I'e been to
http://www.rydges.com/hotel/0/RNWRLD...are-Sydney.htm
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
Also try harboursideapartments.com.au the apartments are not fantastic but the view is - straight across to Luna Park (without the noise) on the left, and the bridge with the Opera House underneath to the right, and the McMahons Point ferry stop is less than 5mins walk from the hotel - Beautiful !
Some of the apartments are lovely but they do vary quite a lot. I think the apartments are owned individually but managed as a group, if you follow me, so the apartments vary depending on the tastes and finances of the owners. To be honest, unless they are significantly tattier than any of the ones we've stayed in, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sydney. Probably the best view in the whole world. Oh and Harbourside are a lot cheaper than standard rates on Wotif but in my experience they'll match the price if you phone up and they often upgrade you if they aren't busy. Ferries go to Circular Quay one way and Darling Harbour (overrated in my view) the other.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Rocks area and it was a great location.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grays
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in the Rocks area and it was a great location.
Gets a +1 from me too.

I've stayed at the Marriott as well, but that can be a bit pricey.

Just be aware that the rocks is better positioned for Circular Quay, it's a bit of a walk to Darling Harbour, along some main roads, from there.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

ramlmmjem is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
Gets a +1 from me too.

I've stayed at the Marriott as well, but that can be a bit pricey.

Just be aware that the rocks is better positioned for Circular Quay, it's a bit of a walk to Darling Harbour, along some main roads, from there.
I'd just take the ferry!!

Alistair
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ramlmmjem
I'd just take the ferry!!

Alistair
Flash git

I don't like boats ....
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your recommendations.... just going to search them now.

Thanks again
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:42 am

Thank you all for your recommendations.... just going to search them now.

Thanks again
Thanks everyone!! Took it all in, did some research and settled on the Old Sydney Holiday Inn in the Rocks. Looks great and really looking forward to it.

Ta!!

Siren