Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney - Finding a rental near Christmas

Sydney - Finding a rental near Christmas

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Smidgemum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sydney - Finding a rental near Christmas

Yeeaahhh! We got our visas through on Friday (just 4 year ones) and so now we are booking our flights for Wed 17 November! After all my umming and ahhrring I now cannot wait to go!

We are heading to Sydney for my husband's work for 2-3 years and his employer has arranged for a serviced apartment for the first month. This brings me to my question...we will therefore need somewhere permanent to rent from the middle of December (though would take from before if nec)...however, is there going to be a shortage of rental properties coming on the market in the runup to Christmas....??? We are aiming for Eastern suburbs now, probably somewhere round Bellevue Hill.

Any advice gratefully received! Hope to join in at one of the Sydney meets soon...although will have just missed your next one!

Cheers,
Angela