Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Old May 28th 2007, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

i feel special...

i will be the one wandering aimlessly round the pub wondering how i am going to know which group to join - i am secretly hoping that your pictures are accurate and i will be joining the cartoon character, teddy bear and her out of father ted for a drink but i fear that is wishful thinking...
Old May 28th 2007, 6:20 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
i feel special...

i will be the one wandering aimlessly round the pub wondering how i am going to know which group to join - i am secretly hoping that your pictures are accurate and i will be joining the cartoon character, teddy bear and her out of father ted for a drink but i fear that is wishful thinking...
That's not just any cartoon character, that's Ulysses! I guess you didn't think it was Jesus like everybody else...

I'm normally the mug that wears some kind of outrageous shirt or other. I will post this during the day, and it allows the newcomers to home in on us. Failing that the group of loud poms whinging in the corner...

S
Old May 28th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's been suggested in the past, but never remembered. If it comes as a reccomendation...

When are you going to make it down to one of our evening functions Mr Gedge?

S
Hey hope you don't mind but...I am coming up to Sydney (for one night only) on the Thursday 7th June - will be arriving approx at my hotel (Medina, Hoskins Place) about 8.30. Is this too late to meet up with a few peeps? Haven't really been to a meet out here and would love to meet some of you.

Hopefully, if the 7th June meetup hasn't been organised yet - it could be organised somehwere central (I don't really know my way around Sydney)

Sarah
Old May 28th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

That's not just any cartoon character, that's Ulysses! I guess you didn't think it was Jesus like everybody else...

I'm normally the mug that wears some kind of outrageous shirt or other. I will post this during the day, and it allows the newcomers to home in on us. Failing that the group of loud poms whinging in the corner...

S
ulysses - it was on the tip of my tongue..

by the way - loving your work at organising these meets for all us billy no mates out here... i will remember to bring my sunglasses in case the shirt is too loud.
Old May 28th 2007, 6:29 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i feel special...

my 11mo needs his teddy i'm afraid, so the bear won't be able to attend
Old May 28th 2007, 6:30 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hey hope you don't mind but...I am coming up to Sydney (for one night only) on the Thursday 7th June - will be arriving approx at my hotel (Medina, Hoskins Place) about 8.30. Is this too late to meet up with a few peeps? Haven't really been to a meet out here and would love to meet some of you.

Hopefully, if the 7th June meetup hasn't been organised yet - it could be organised somehwere central (I don't really know my way around Sydney)

Sarah
Hi Sasbear,

Sadly I won't be around on June 7th - I'll be winging my way back in time to New Zealand, but I dare say there will be something going on.

If nothing materialises by then, PM either Geordie George or Katherinious, as they are the deputy organisers, who will surely get something together for your trip.

S
Old May 28th 2007, 6:33 am
has lost The Game

ulysses - it was on the tip of my tongue..

by the way - loving your work at organising these meets for all us billy no mates out here... i will remember to bring my sunglasses in case the shirt is too loud.
I doubt it will be that bright! I know how you feel re. the Billy no mates thing. Coming here on your own can be a real shock to the system!

S
Old May 28th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sasbear,

Sadly I won't be around on June 7th - I'll be winging my way back in time to New Zealand, but I dare say there will be something going on.

If nothing materialises by then, PM either Geordie George or Katherinious, as they are the deputy organisers, who will surely get something together for your trip.

S
Hi,

Many thanks - and sorry I will not get to meet you - hopefully the others will arrange something that I can get to.

Sarah
Old May 28th 2007, 6:35 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hi,

Many thanks - and sorry I will not get to meet you - hopefully the others will arrange something that I can get to.

Sarah
Knowing past performance, I imagine that I will probably endeavour to arrange something remotely - just to keep the momentum going...

S
Old May 28th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I doubt it will be that bright! I know how you feel re. the Billy no mates thing. Coming here on your own can be a real shock to the system!

S
tell me about it - it was much easier in my head... but i guess making new friends is the fun part, and when bored i can always laugh at my friends at home hiding from the rain on the bank holiday weekend...
Old May 28th 2007, 7:14 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Top work Swerv-O! Just beginning to breath again after an event filled weekend and then pushing my nose against the grindstone all day today.. Did someone post that bars close in Sydney? Hmm, think i'm ending up in the all the wrong places . See y'all soon.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:19 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Top work Swerv-O! Just beginning to breath again after an event filled weekend and then pushing my nose against the grindstone all day today.. Did someone post that bars close in Sydney? Hmm, think i'm ending up in the all the wrong places . See y'all soon.
I'm hearing the busy weekend thing. I was actually quite glad when Monday morning came this week. Especially as I don't start work until 10:30.

Ought to get that squash raquet tested before the dust becomes to heavy and breaks it...

S
Old May 28th 2007, 8:11 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Right, after my extensive reconnaissance of the CBD this weekend, I have these suggestions:

Jacksons on George - had a good looking menu and a nice looking bar
The Ship Inn - Mainly outside eating, but heated
The Crown - Elizabeth street. Didn't get to go in this one, but it looked reasonable from the outside...

I vote for Jacksons...

S
Jacksons on George?!

We really, really, really need the scary smiley back.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

i feel special...

Her out of Father Ted?! How to win friends and influence people, eh?
Old May 28th 2007, 8:13 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Hi Sasbear,

S
I'll not be around on the 7th, either - sorry. I have my MA project presentation to give. I suppose this means I best start an MA project, doesn't it?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.