Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is sydney expensive

Is sydney expensive

Old May 11th 2011, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

boroexpat_1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is sydney expensive

For a weeks holiday? Or is that too long to go for? Plenty to do etc? Bars and stuff?
Old May 11th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: Is sydney expensive

Originally Posted by boroexpat_1982
For a weeks holiday? Or is that too long to go for? Plenty to do etc? Bars and stuff?
I would hate to live in Sydney as it is far to busy for my simple needs. However, I love to visit. It is such a vibrant city. The harbour is the most beautiful place on the planet. Around the Rocks is really good on a night. There is so much to do and I think a week would be ideal for the first visit.

Barney
Old May 11th 2011, 9:55 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's a lot more expensive than the Boro, that's for sure

Would you be coming from Doha? It's still an awfully long way to come for a week. Can't you come for longer and tour around a bit? Hunter Valley, Blue Mountains, beaches, etc. What you can find to do for a week in Sydney itself depends on your interests. There are galleries and museums galore, for instance, but they're not everybody's thing.

What time of year are you planning on coming? Obviously we're just getting cold (bloody cold - single figures overnight already ) and that limits beach time.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I lived in Sydney for 2 years....Love it, but didn't like living there.

There is loads to do, especially if you hire a car for a few days to get out of the city. I would say a week is probably not long enough.....but better than nothing if that's all you have.