Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 29th - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 29th - All welcome

Old Oct 28th 2009, 3:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 29th - All welcome

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay - been flat out with coursework all week. I can't wait until next week when I can finally have my life back!

Ok, this week's meet up then - We're really getting through the Pint Tour, but a little way to go yet.

This week I suggest that we try a new addition to the list, and to the city in genereal - The Belvedere, on the corner of Kent and Bathurst Streets. In fact, it's so new, it's not even got a website, though I am assured that pints are served.

I won't be there this week, as I have my last assignment for my course due in on Friday morning, so I will leave you in the more than capable hands of Vix77...

S

Ps. For those who are interested, the Pint Tour list is looking something like this, where the red ones are the ones we have been to:

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
The Office Bar
The Dundee Arms (4 Points Sheraton)
The Belvedere
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 29th - All welcome

Argh, have to pack up for moving house, but that pub is about 10 steps from my office - will I have the willpower to pass it and go home to fill boxes and scrub mould off the bathroom wall?!!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by hotfuss
Argh, have to pack up for moving house, but that pub is about 10 steps from my office - will I have the willpower to pass it and go home to fill boxes and scrub mould off the bathroom wall?!!
No chance! You'll call in "just for one" and that will be it for the night! I am going to try and get there too - assuming I polish off the chapter of my assignment that I am working on tonight. Back to it then!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

O-Lordy is an unknown quantity at this point

New drinker showing up! What time do you guys meet and how will I know who you are in the bar? (red rose in the buttonhole?!)
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by O-Lordy
New drinker showing up! What time do you guys meet and how will I know who you are in the bar? (red rose in the buttonhole?!)
Hi,

Welcome along. I will be there from 6.30pm, it is not a big bar downstairs so you shouldn't have any trouble finding us - I will send you a PM with my phone number so you can call when you arrive.

Bats - hope you get your coursework finished, will be good to catch up
Hotfuss - Get yourself down to the bar - you know it makes sense.....

Everyone else - get yourself logged in and reply to let me know if you are coming along or not and what time.

Lets bring back the random conversations on this thread.... and what happened to all the football chat, can't believe there has not been one comment on Newcastle being in the Championship yet! Is that because we are doing so well..... I can get used to this winning lark.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:53 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi,

Welcome along. I will be there from 6.30pm, it is not a big bar downstairs so you shouldn't have any trouble finding us - I will send you a PM with my phone number so you can call when you arrive.

Everyone else - get yourself logged in and reply to let me know if you are coming along or not and what time.

Lets bring back the random conversations on this thread.... and what happened to all the football chat, can't believe there has not been one comment on Newcastle being in the Championship yet! Is that because we are doing so well..... I can get used to this winning lark.

I would love to come along tonight - the alcoholic inside me is desperate for a drink.

Sadly I must get this stupid assignment finished. But only 5 days left now, so will be up for a big one next Thursday.

Someone please enjoy a pint of ice cold beer on my behalf.

And as for Newcastle? I can't believe it Pet...

S
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I would love to come along tonight - the alcoholic inside me is desperate for a drink.

Sadly I must get this stupid assignment finished. But only 5 days left now, so will be up for a big one next Thursday.

Someone please enjoy a pint of ice cold beer on my behalf.

And as for Newcastle? I can't believe it Pet...

S
I will take one for the team and have that ice cold pint on your behalf... don't say I never do anything for you.

We have finally found our level in the Championship - the Premiership is dead to me now.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:12 am
Just Joined

O-Lordy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks Vix 77 . I hope that posting this 3rd post will allow me to see your PM! I should be there between 6.30 and 7.00. Looking forward to it.

o'L
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

the Premiership is dead to me now.
Its the Premier League. Get it right or you're not getting back in.

Wont make it tonight but will be along next week for sure.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

We have finally found our level in the Championship - the Premiership is dead to me now.
Having watched the Wolves for 14 years in the Championship I can tell you everything anyone would want to know about the league......... like which grounds serve good pies and have good pubs..... the essential things!!!

Can't make it along tonight, next week all being well!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bootch
Having watched the Wolves for 14 years in the Championship I can tell you everything anyone would want to know about the league......... like which grounds serve good pies and have good pubs..... the essential things!!!

Can't make it along tonight, next week all being well!!
Theres no prawn sandwiches is the fizzy pop league? I dont believe it.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Theres no prawn sandwiches is the fizzy pop league? I dont believe it.
No prawn sandwiches no but plenty of Balti pies...... you can't beat them!!!

Last edited by Bootch; Oct 29th 2009 at 5:16 am.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:39 am
has lost The Game

Hi Folks,

Here's the link to this week's meet up thread:

The Link!

S