Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 12th 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 12th 2011

Old May 11th 2011, 5:58 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 12th 2011

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the late post, been busy doing actual work this week

Tomorrow's pub will have to be The Wynyard on the corner of Clarence and Erskine Streets - There aren't any pint serving Q, R, S or T pubs, so we shall move onto W:

http://www.wynyardhotel.com.au/

This isn't a bad pub - usually busy, with a fairly simple menu, but good value none the less.

Hopefully see some of you then,

S
Old May 11th 2011, 7:50 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 12th 2011

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

Sorry for the late post, been busy doing actual work this week

Tomorrow's pub will have to be The Wynyard on the corner of Clarence and Erskine Streets - There aren't any pint serving Q, R, S or T pubs, so we shall move onto W:

http://www.wynyardhotel.com.au/

This isn't a bad pub - usually busy, with a fairly simple menu, but good value none the less.

Hopefully see some of you then,

S
Sorry fella, I am down in sunny Jervis Bay again so can't make it this week!! But have fun!!
Old May 12th 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I should get there around 6.30ish

Cheers
Old May 12th 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

navvydev is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, Only read this today so missed it
Will look out for your next meet in the CBD
Barbxx
Old May 16th 2011, 3:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by navvydev
Sorry, Only read this today so missed it
Will look out for your next meet in the CBD
Barbxx
There is one every Thursday so look out next weds for the next venue!!
Old May 16th 2011, 6:40 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
There is one every Thursday so look out next weds for the next venue!!
Yeah, where does anybody fancy going this week? I think we have run out of alphabet pubs, but there are still quite a few unvisited pint venues.

Plus, I don't have any coursework to do this week

S
Old May 16th 2011, 6:42 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, where does anybody fancy going this week? I think we have run out of alphabet pubs, but there are still quite a few unvisited pint venues.

S
Pick one and I wil make the effort to turn up.
Old May 16th 2011, 6:47 am
Social Grenade Thrower

S
Not a pub at all, but are there any good CBD RSL's/Ex-Servicemans clubs which do cheap beer and decent grub??
I walked past one on the way to PJ O'Briens the other week and it looked busy.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:31 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Pick one and I wil make the effort to turn up.

Please do Slap - I want to pick your brains about the ADB...

Originally Posted by paddyo
Not a pub at all, but are there any good CBD RSL's/Ex-Servicemans clubs which do cheap beer and decent grub??
I walked past one on the way to PJ O'Briens the other week and it looked busy.

Never really tried the 'clubs' in the CBD - they all have odd entry policies whereby you have to sign in, but you can't sign in if you live within a certain radius of the place,so you have to take out membership, but to get membership, you need to be nominated by an existing member etc etc.

IndigoFoot and I tried to go to the Tattershalls club once to have a play on their snooker tables (pretty much the only ones in the CBD) and the administrative BS that we had to jump through was stupid. So much so that we still didn't get a game.

Did you mean the Bowls club on Clarence ( I think?) Street? That one is often busy, but I wouldn't want to suggest we go there without first knowning what the entry policies are, as we don't want people to be excluded from the evenings out.

I'll pick a pub for this week today, and post it up this afternoon.

S
Old May 17th 2011, 1:50 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

S
That makes the wild assumption that I have a brain. I prefer to consider it a swamp full of wild ideas.

Sure – lots to tell you. Things happen fast.

slap
Old May 17th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Never really tried the 'clubs' in the CBD - they all have odd entry policies whereby you have to sign in, but you can't sign in if you live within a certain radius of the place,so you have to take out membership, but to get membership, you need to be nominated by an existing member etc etc.

IndigoFoot and I tried to go to the Tattershalls club once to have a play on their snooker tables (pretty much the only ones in the CBD) and the administrative BS that we had to jump through was stupid. So much so that we still didn't get a game.

Did you mean the Bowls club on Clarence ( I think?) Street? That one is often busy, but I wouldn't want to suggest we go there without first knowning what the entry policies are, as we don't want people to be excluded from the evenings out.

I'll pick a pub for this week today, and post it up this afternoon.

S
Did you get the $4 pints at the wynyard? Cheapest pints in Australia! What about James Squire on King St wharf ? They have pool tables and Deer hunter!!
Old May 17th 2011, 7:47 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by markbhx
Did you get the $4 pints at the wynyard? Cheapest pints in Australia! What about James Squire on King St wharf ? They have pool tables and Deer hunter!!

James Squires on King Street Wharf closed last year! I don't know what it was replaced by...

S
Old May 17th 2011, 8:30 am
has lost The Game

This week's thread!

S
Old May 17th 2011, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

James Squires on King Street Wharf closed last year! I don't know what it was replaced by...

S
Its still open just rebranded the brewhouse instead, they did a nice pie!