Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27/03/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27/03/08

Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:33 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27/03/08

Hi folks,

Given that it's late in the week due to the pesky public holiday, I don't think we really have time for the usual discussion about where to go this week.

So with that in mind, I have taken advice from my trusty sidekick, and we have decided to nominate The Royal George on George Street again, as it's central, does nice food and has free pool and nuts and the barmaid is gorgeous (according to Gelectrox at least).

Here is the web site:

The Royal George

The beauty of this place is that for any new folk coming, we will be the people downstairs, in the pool room, playing pool, so will be dead easy to recognise.

Unless we have any better suggestions, I commend this motion to the house...

S
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27/03/08

What a fine suggestion - your trusty sidekick is clearly amazing to come up with a place with free pool, good food and reasonable drinks with a location in the pub to easily find us for newbies...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
What a fine suggestion - your trusty sidekick is clearly amazing to come up with a place with free pool, good food and reasonable drinks with a location in the pub to easily find us for newbies...

Yes, the sidekick of which I spoke is something of a gem!

S
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Hey Swerv-o, I saw you this morning, walking aimlessly through Balmain. Tried to get your attention but nearly caused a massive accident, you may have heard all the horns.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:34 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by toddd10
Hey Swerv-o, I saw you this morning, walking aimlessly through Balmain. Tried to get your attention but nearly caused a massive accident, you may have heard all the horns.

I don't remember it - My head has been in the clouds full of stupid powerpoint and its complete inflexibility!

You should have joined us for a coffee...

S
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't remember it - My head has been in the clouds full of stupid powerpoint and its complete inflexibility!

You should have joined us for a coffee...

S
Evening all. Did I see pork sausages on the menu? Has anyone tried them to see if they are real ones or some cheap imitation? I should be down between 6.30 and 7.00 pm, got a spot of shopping to do first but will head for the pool room when I arrive and text you if I get lost (again!). Do I need to bring George?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:42 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
Evening all. Did I see pork sausages on the menu? Has anyone tried them to see if they are real ones or some cheap imitation? I should be down between 6.30 and 7.00 pm, got a spot of shopping to do first but will head for the pool room when I arrive and text you if I get lost (again!). Do I need to bring George?

Yes, the food in the Royal George is pretty good - even the slightly burnt lasagne was nice! Please feel free to bring Georg along - we can sit him proudly at the head of the pool table, to declare that when the table is ours, the two shot rule is in force!

Hope to see you tomorrow...

S
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, the food in the Royal George is pretty good - even the slightly burnt lasagne was nice! Please feel free to bring Georg along - we can sit him proudly at the head of the pool table, to declare that when the table is ours, the two shot rule is in force!

Hope to see you tomorrow...

S
See you there
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Indieboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't be arsed promising to turn up and then not so I wont.

I did meet someone to do with you all last Thursday in a different pub so at least know names and back ground of it all.

I know where you are so if I'm there, then I am.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:34 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Indieboy
I can't be arsed promising to turn up and then not so I wont.

I did meet someone to do with you all last Thursday in a different pub so at least know names and back ground of it all.

I know where you are so if I'm there, then I am.

I don't think you actually exist! I think you are a figment of our collective imaginations compelled to create posts on an internet forum!

S
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Indieboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Look I really don't mean to not turn up, I'm just a bit flaky and forget what the time is. The tall fella I met spoke highly of everyone, so i would like to meet people at one point.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:23 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, I was in Balmain too today, looking for somewhere to live. Failed miserably.

Got plans tomorrow evening but might have to join you on one of these Thursday sessions after we make the move at the end of April.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:00 am
has lost The Game

Here is the link to this week's thread:

New thread

See you there!

S