Reload this Page >

Coolbellup, Perth

Coolbellup, Perth

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Shaundawn will become famous soon enough
Default Coolbellup, Perth

Hi everyone
Does anybody have any advice on Coolbellup?
We are looking into going to Perth...and love the hustle of Freo but too expensive. Coolbellup looks near and seems an affordable suburb but have read that there were a few problems in the 90's with crime, so I'm guessing this is why it might be cheaper. Our budget would be about 450,000 dollars.
Thanks for any help.
Dawn
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Coolbellup, Perth

Originally Posted by Shaundawn
Hi everyone
Does anybody have any advice on Coolbellup?
We are looking into going to Perth...and love the hustle of Freo but too expensive. Coolbellup looks near and seems an affordable suburb but have read that there were a few problems in the 90's with crime, so I'm guessing this is why it might be cheaper. Our budget would be about 450,000 dollars.
Thanks for any help.
Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Coolbellup (my uncle lives there) used to be a low income area with mostly state housing and yes it was a very rough area. The state housing was all sold off in the late 90s early 2000 and the area under went a transformation, same as Kwinana, Balga and a couple of other areas in Perth and the state housing intergrated into other communities around Perth so that low income housing mixed with middle income housing. There is very little new housing in Coolbellup, you will mainly find doer upers there but it is an area on the rise, and the stigma of being a former state housing suburb is slowly erroding (Kwinana has the same stigma problem!) Right next door you have the suburb of Kardina (one of my sisters lives there), here you have larger newer houses but with much higher prices.

Russ