British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-after-work-drink-meet-up-401034/)

gedge Oct 12th 2006 1:35 am

Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Originally Posted by stevemich
I do unless you want a 3yr old and a 3 month old to join us too:D

i've got a 3 month old who seems to have an eye for the girls

stevemich Oct 12th 2006 1:48 am

Originally Posted by gedge
i've got a 3 month old who seems to have an eye for the girls

:D

Mine is turning into a right flirt (influenced by Ransi or CasG?!) and smiling at all the blokes..

better keep 'em apart!

gedge Oct 12th 2006 1:53 am

Originally Posted by stevemich
:D

Mine is turning into a right flirt (influenced by Ransi or CasG?!) and smiling at all the blokes..

better keep 'em apart!

lol, don't know where my boy get's it from

Swerv-o Oct 12th 2006 11:32 pm

Just a quick thanks to all the folks that made it to the Strattons CBD meet last night for food and drinks.

For those that didn't make it, we got about 11 people in all, including a very bewildered looking American, whose name I plainly didn't know...

We shall probably do the same thing again next week, but at a different venue I imagine, so I will let you know when I think of somewhere.

Thanks again,

S

stevemich Oct 12th 2006 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Just a quick thanks to all the folks that made it to the Strattons CBD meet last night for food and drinks.

For those that didn't make it, we got about 11 people in all, including a very bewildered looking American, whose name I plainly didn't know...

We shall probably do the same thing again next week, but at a different venue I imagine, so I will let you know when I think of somewhere.

Thanks again,

S

Well done for that - I was already comitted last night, but will definately try to come to another one!
Steve

chels Oct 12th 2006 11:58 pm

Thanks again,

S

Well done Swerv-o for organising such a brilliant night, none of us could have come close to doing such a marvellous job, if only we had as much talent as you at organising meet ups. Please continue the great work, we wouldn't be able to come close to matching your skills in this area and so must continue to be grateful for your sterling efforts instead. (That is more or less what you told me to write, isn't it?) :beer: ;)

Swerv-o Oct 13th 2006 12:26 am

Originally Posted by chels
Well done Swerv-o for organising such a brilliant night, none of us could have come close to doing such a marvellous job, if only we had as much talent as you at organising meet ups. Please continue the great work, we wouldn't be able to come close to matching your skills in this area and so must continue to be grateful for your sterling efforts instead. (That is more or less what you told me to write, isn't it?) :beer: ;)

I don't think that even I would have laid it on quite that thick :D

katherinious Oct 13th 2006 1:11 am

Nah, you're being too modest. Your organisation skills were exemplary. Do keep up the good work. Pretty, pretty, please :D

chels Oct 13th 2006 1:58 am

Seriously though, I had a good time. Might even consider doing it again :D

kbryant Oct 13th 2006 3:05 am

The 21st is good for me. Anyone else?

S

Glad you had a good night last night guys, where & when for pub meet up on Sat 21st :confused:

Swerv-o Oct 13th 2006 3:28 am

Originally Posted by kbryant
Glad you had a good night last night guys, where & when for pub meet up on Sat 21st :confused:

I'm glad too.

Right - the bash on the 21st then. I would suggest The Belgian Beer Cafe on Miller street - it's fantastic - and they serve Leffe - I've had a great night out every time that I've been. Great food, great beer - a perfect combination...

Have a look here and let me know what you think:

http://www.belgian-beer-cafe.com.au/default.asp?id=1

S

katherinious Oct 13th 2006 3:44 am

I'm glad too.

Right - the bash on the 21st then. I would suggest The Belgian Beer Cafe on Miller street - it's fantastic - and they serve Leffe - I've had a great night out every time that I've been. Great food, great beer - a perfect combination...

S

Looks good to me! :beer:

Raiinoz Oct 13th 2006 3:46 am

I'm glad too.

S

Sam and I don't have anything planned, so I expect we'll be able to make it. and the Bewildered looking American was Nick, who looked even more bewildered when you started into your Dalek impressions.

poor guy.

Swerv-o Oct 13th 2006 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Raiinoz
Sam and I don't have anything planned, so I expect we'll be able to make it. and the Bewildered looking American was Nick, who looked even more bewildered when you started into your Dalek impressions.

poor guy.

Oh I knew who he was, but I had completely forgotten his name, so I cunningly looked at the business card he gave me the night before. Unfortunately, he workd for a company called David Brown, so, yes you guessed it, I introduced him as David... Doh. :rolleyes:

I don't seem to remember the Daleks making an appearance last night. I usually save them until I know people better. Hmm. Judging by the size of the hangover I had this morning, I suspect I drank rather more than I should have.

S

orange& Oct 13th 2006 4:43 am

Oh I knew who he was, but I had completely forgotten his name, so I cunningly looked at the business card he gave me the night before. Unfortunately, he workd for a company called David Brown, so, yes you guessed it, I introduced him as David... Doh. :rolleyes:

I don't seem to remember the Daleks making an appearance last night. I usually save them until I know people better. Hmm. Judging by the size of the hangover I had this morning, I suspect I drank rather more than I should have.

S

I can tell you what you got up to (in terms of volume of alcohol) by 8.30pm, although a plate of fish and chips at 8.25pm probably complicates the physics.... (yes physics). Not that I was watching or anything.....

Thanks for organising the bash Swerv-o. We darted off to the Asian noddle festival in Hyde Park afterwards.. first day it's really been warm enough to sit outside for any length of time.

Chels, Katharineis and co, good to meet you. We'll try to make another Thursday night, although 21st is out... will be getting on a plane to somewhere exotic.