Reload this Page >

Sydney Busses/Train discounted tickets

Sydney Busses/Train discounted tickets

Old Sep 29th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Busses/Train discounted tickets

Hi

I'll be stayin in Parramatta during my trip to Sydney. I will be travelling to and fro the city using bus or train. Are there some special deals e.g. discounted weekly tickets travelling from suburbs to anywhere rather than buying daily tickets?

Thanks.

LS
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Busses/Train discounted tickets

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi

I'll be stayin in Parramatta during my trip to Sydney. I will be travelling to and fro the city using bus or train. Are there some special deals e.g. discounted weekly tickets travelling from suburbs to anywhere rather than buying daily tickets?

Thanks.

LS
by british standards to trains are very cheap anyway
but if you travel after 9am ( after peak time the cost is appox 40% cheaper again )

we stayed in the lower hunter valley and caught the train at morreset
about 120k north of sydney
after 9am for two adults and one child it cost an amazing 34 dollars
approx 15 quid return

cheap as chips

also when you get to sydney get a day pass for the monorail and tram system family pass 32 dollars for the day and it gets you around most of the touristy bits easily

have fun

regards

steve
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:29 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

If i had a choice i'd take the ferry! I would happily spend all day sailing around on them.

See here

http://www.sydneyferries.info/
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:43 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks.

LS
Check out this site

http://www.131500.com.au/ticketandfares/fares/

and look for the type of ticket that will suit you best

http://www.131500.com.au/ticketandfa...ravel_pass.asp

you can combine some services - it is a pretty detailed site for the information you require.

Have fun
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep the weeklies are the way to go. The daily passes are expensive in comparison.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
If i had a choice i'd take the ferry! I would happily spend all day sailing around on them.

See here

http://www.sydneyferries.info/
second that
I used to work in Paramatta and commute from the city on the river cat. Certainly a nicer way to go than the trains.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've checked upon in and there's Travelpass weekly ticket. They are categorized into many sections e.g. Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Blue.

If I were to choose yellow, does it covers the red and green region?

LS

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
second that
I used to work in Paramatta and commute from the city on the river cat. Certainly a nicer way to go than the trains.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:09 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Hi all,

I've checked upon in and there's Travelpass weekly ticket. They are categorized into many sections e.g. Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Blue.

If I were to choose yellow, does it covers the red and green region?

LS
Hi LS

Yes the yellow covers red and green zones.
If you look at the pdfs from the zone page and imagine that the zones are circles centred round the cbd, then the colour you get is as far as you can travel from the centre on that ticket. I can't find an explanation on the site, so I hope mine makes sense.

Chris.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Whenever I go to Sydney I buy the green travel pass (I think it's green anyway, but it's the one that includes the Manley ferry as well as all the other ferries) which lets you use most busses, trains and ferries. Costs about $40 for 7 days. The only place it dosn't include that you might want to go is Palm Beach which is one of the northern beaches but it only costs an extra $ or so to go their on the day.

One tip if you buy after 15:00 you can use for the rest of that day and a futher 7 days as well.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 1:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yellow used to do me from Bondi Beach to Auburn.