Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney in 5 days?

Sydney in 5 days?

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Sydney in 5 days?

Hi, we are a family of 4, Hubby,me, 2 girls aged 10 & 12 moved to Adelaide 2 years ago from Uk. My Parents are to join us for a holiday November/ January and would like us to experience "Sydney" together
What do you lads and lasses suggest? is it worth us trying to cram in the Blue Mountains in such a short period of time? and if we were to base ourselves in Darling Harbour would that be a good choice?
Many Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney in 5 days?

Originally Posted by Desire
Hi, we are a family of 4, Hubby,me, 2 girls aged 10 & 12 moved to Adelaide 2 years ago from Uk. My Parents are to join us for a holiday November/ January and would like us to experience "Sydney" together
What do you lads and lasses suggest? is it worth us trying to cram in the Blue Mountains in such a short period of time? and if we were to base ourselves in Darling Harbour would that be a good choice?
Many Thanks.
Yes and Yes in my opinion. Blue Mountains are beautiful. Ipom could probably tell you what to do for a day trip. Last time I went we went to Katoomba and Blackheath.

Quite a bit to do in and around Darling Harbour & from Circular Quays you could do Manly and the Zoo. Do a tour of the Opera House, that was quite interesting. We are planning to do the Bridge Climb this year!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou MedwayMark....... bit spooky really you answering my thread. I've moved from Maidstone (i'm sure you know well) to live in Adelaide and my sister still lives in Rochester!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:16 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Yes and Yes in my opinion. Blue Mountains are beautiful. Ipom could probably tell you what to do for a day trip. Last time I went we went to Katoomba and Blackheath.

Quite a bit to do in and around Darling Harbour & from Circular Quays you could do Manly and the Zoo. Do a tour of the Opera House, that was quite interesting. We are planning to do the Bridge Climb this year!
Agree with Mark.

We spent 5 days in Sydney ( a family of 4 ) We styed at the travel Lodge which is about 10 minutes walk to Circular Quays

In That time we :

Climbed the bridge ......a must to do , it was amazing
Went to Mainly
Blue Mountains.....awesome ( another must )
Wild life park
Aquarium.
Opera House tour

You will love Sydney.....it was busy and tiring but well worth it
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Desire
Thankyou MedwayMark....... bit spooky really you answering my thread. I've moved from Maidstone (i'm sure you know well) to live in Adelaide and my sister still lives in Rochester!
Cool... PM me with some more details about your sister, in case I know her lol

Been thinking of other things we have done there.....

Koala Park
Dingo Sanctuary at Bargo (Is it still there, there was some doubt about if it was staying last time I was there)
Palm Beach (Summer Bay in Home & Away)
Olympic Stadium

I'll come back if I think of any more....
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:48 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Go to Toorongga Zoo it is really good IMO.
We loved going to the blue mountains, the bridge clime was awesome even though I did cry from sheer fear, Manly beach and around that area is lovely and the Koala part is so good for close encounters with the koala,kangaroo and whallaby.
Enjoy!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

One day should definitely involve the following (assuming no one's scared of a bit of walking...). A great way to really get a feel for the harbour and the beauty of the national park around Sydney.

Depart Darling Harbour some time in earlyish morning
Get ferry to Manly
Have breakfast in Barking Frog in Manly (bloomin' fantastic)
Enjoy Manly for a while then do Manly to Spit bridge walk http://www.sydneyferries.info/docs/h...anlyToSpit.pdf
Enjoy pizza in the fantastic 'Beaches' pizza place in Manly (great pizza, very casual chilled out atmosphere)
Ferry back to Darling Harbour
Cold beer

Beautiful.

Graham

Last edited by northerner; Jun 22nd 2007 at 2:14 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

taronga zoo and ferry ride are "must-do"s. I love wandering around "the rocks" area, Darling Harbour and the Botanical Gardens.... I'd give Bondi a miss though -- nothing special IMHO!