Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydenham, Hillside & Sunbury, Victoria

Sydenham, Hillside & Sunbury, Victoria

Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about
Default Sydenham, Hillside & Sunbury, Victoria

If anyone has any opinion on these areas I'd be very grateful to hear them, good and bad. Especially with regard to schooling (primary) as our daughter would be due to start her schooling life in January'06 (aged 5).

We're considering numerous areas but thought I'd start with these.

Thanks very much!

J.

Last edited by Three P's; Feb 25th 2005 at 5:53 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:46 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default Re: Sydenham, Hillside & Sunbury, Victoria

Originally Posted by Three P's
If anyone has any opinion on these areas I'd be very grateful to hear them, good and bad. Especially with regard to schooling (primary) as our daughter would be due to start her schooling life in January'06 (aged 5).

We're considering numerous areas but thought I'd start with these.

Thanks very much!

J.
Hi we are looking at Sunbury and Gisborne and from what my uncle has said Sunbury has the large Malls and shopping facilities also a drive-in cinema but you can still get larger blocks on the outskirts and is approx 40mins from Melbourne. He used to live in Sydenham and I think they said it was quite nice there although I think it is just a sea of houses and the is also the motor race track nearby (don't quote me). Sorry can't help with Hillside. I think we are probably going to end up at Gisborne as we would like to be semi-rural and it is still only 40-50 mins from Melbourne and 10 mins from Sunbury.

Hope this is of some help. Also do you know of the Britvics site its a forum for people going to Victoria they're great and usually try to help where they can.
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?

I need to look at primary schools too as my eldest is 5 and youngest almost 3.

Michelle

Last edited by fozzie; Feb 25th 2005 at 8:53 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fozzie
Hi we are looking at Sunbury and Gisborne and from what my uncle has said Sunbury has the large Malls and shopping facilities also a drive-in cinema but you can still get larger blocks on the outskirts and is approx 40mins from Melbourne. He used to live in Sydenham and I think they said it was quite nice there although I think it is just a sea of houses and the is also the motor race track nearby (don't quote me). Sorry can't help with Hillside. I think we are probably going to end up at Gisborne as we would like to be semi-rural and it is still only 40-50 mins from Melbourne and 10 mins from Sunbury.

Hope this is of some help. Also do you know of the Britvics site its a forum for people going to Victoria they're great and usually try to help where they can.
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?

I need to look at primary schools too as my eldest is 5 and youngest almost 3.

Michelle

Thanks for that, it's a nightmare trying to decide on a decent area but still wanting to buy the best we can for our hard earned money (or maybe I'm just tight, could be the Yorkshire in me)!

I did originally post this on the BritVics site but didn't get any replies so I thought I'd try my luck on here.

Good Luck with everything!

J.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Spidey is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also interested in areas around Melbourne, have a couple of young kids and need decent schools. Would hope to find work in the CBD so don't want to be too far out (less than an hour's commute away). Have heard views on Sunbury and Geelong but wondered what it was like on the Eastern side, Dandenong and Yarra River area etc.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spidey
We are also interested in areas around Melbourne, have a couple of young kids and need decent schools. Would hope to find work in the CBD so don't want to be too far out (less than an hour's commute away). Have heard views on Sunbury and Geelong but wondered what it was like on the Eastern side, Dandenong and Yarra River area etc.

Spidey,

Try the BritVics site that Fozzie recommended and look under the FAQ's section on there, there is quite a few threads on various areas on the Eastern side as well as other places.

J.