Validate visa?

Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

vin n cin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validate visa?

does anyone know the score on validation of visa's.we are going stni and want to know once get visa can we go straight out to Adelaide or do we have to come back to uk first before we can move out permanantly?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Validate visa?

Originally Posted by vin n cin
does anyone know the score on validation of visa's.we are going stni and want to know once get visa can we go straight out to Adelaide or do we have to come back to uk first before we can move out permanantly?
i think you have to go to aus within a year to get your visa stamped, then you can go back to uk if you want to, and return, i think you must return withen 5 yrs though not sure!!]
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

vin n cin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Validate visa?

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
i think you have to go to aus within a year to get your visa stamped, then you can go back to uk if you want to, and return, i think you must return withen 5 yrs though not sure!!]
so if want to does this mean we can validate and leave the uk just once and not have to come back unless we need to?some people have told us we need to go to validate then return to the uk before the big move, but we are thinking of the cost £££££££.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Michelle is right, you need to validate within a year of your police checks/medicals whichever was sooner, then you have up to 5 years to go out there to stay. (1 year validation period is included in the 5 years).

Hope this helps

Louise
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vin n cin
As I posted on another thread:

1. You must validate your visa before the first entry date. This can be done with a holiday.
2. Your visa is valid for 5 years from grant (with a multiple re-entry facility), however you'll face hassle if you don't clock up 2 years in Australia during the first 5 years. Do the maths and you'll see you need to make the move proper within 3 years.
3. Read form 968i - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf
4. Rules for temporary visas such as SIR are different.

Jeremy