Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Swimming Pool covers

Swimming Pool covers

Old May 17th 2006, 5:19 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swimming Pool covers

Has anyone had any experience with a swimming pool net, not a blanket/cover to keep it warm but the net type that you clip around the pool to stop leaves etc blowing in?
I want to stick something over it for the winter so I dont have to keep raking it out emptying the Kreepy filter boxes.
I was going to go for a proper blanket but the size of the roller we'd need was about 7.5M to cover the width and bar leave it across the pool there was no where easy to move it to once the blanket is on it that wouldnt be totally in the way and unsightly. or involve trying to lift it up to a different level.
Cant seem to find many places that sell the nets, anyone have any ideas?
Steve
Old May 17th 2006, 5:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming Pool covers

Originally Posted by steve99
Has anyone had any experience with a swimming pool net, not a blanket/cover to keep it warm but the net type that you clip around the pool to stop leaves etc blowing in?
I want to stick something over it for the winter so I dont have to keep raking it out emptying the Kreepy filter boxes.
I was going to go for a proper blanket but the size of the roller we'd need was about 7.5M to cover the width and bar leave it across the pool there was no where easy to move it to once the blanket is on it that wouldnt be totally in the way and unsightly. or involve trying to lift it up to a different level.
Steve
Drain the pool for winter and use it as a skateboard bowl.
Old May 17th 2006, 5:45 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Drain the pool for winter and use it as a skateboard bowl.
One of the kids next door is well into his skateboarding, I could run a club afterhours and charge him and his mates to come in and use it
just enough to cover the cost of the water needed to refill it
Old May 17th 2006, 6:14 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.sunbather.com.au/index.as...=winter_covers
Old May 17th 2006, 7:40 am
Living in Perthection

Thanks for that, i'll give the WA Distributor a call and see if I can get a quote.
Old May 17th 2006, 7:48 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, i'll give the WA Distributor a call and see if I can get a quote.
Try dropping Scossie a PM - he 'does' pools in WA

Last edited by wargod; May 17th 2006 at 7:51 am.
Old May 17th 2006, 7:57 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by wargod
Try dropping Scossie a PM - he 'does' pools in WA
I think I might of asked him before but it wasnt a big enough earner for him
Im sure hell spot this when he's next online and will let me know if he can source them.
Old May 17th 2006, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the winter cover is as expensive as the solar jobby I've been quoted for.

Back to my bubblewrap solution again.
Old May 17th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

PM me your pool measurements and I will do you 10% off a Daisy Blanket and/or roller, there is $100 back from the government too on a waterwise rebate...
7.5m sounds very large is the pool irregular?
We sell nets too BTW

Cheers
Steve
Steve