Forum Regular

cityboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sweeeet Chariot!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Ausie's
Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yeeeessssss Go England
Lots of shouting coming from our house in the street , think we will be out numbered next week , but we will still fly the flag out the front , come on boys !!!!
Joanne
Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic news !! Nearly as good as getting my visa(joke), well it will be if I can go out there with us having won!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:32 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Come on England!!!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 1:41 pm
WBB

what's happened.

Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:44 pm
Go Banana's !!

Talking Re: Sweeeet Chariot!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cityboy
Bring on the Ausie's
Fantastic match . Watched it with some freinds already nursing a hangover from a Ball the night before.

I hope we don't ever get questioned on who we were supporting in the Final if we win......will the answer jeopardise our application !!!!!!!!!

Warren

Old Nov 16th 2003, 6:51 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Yes congratulations to Johnny Wilkinson for going through to the finals - oh and the other guys in white.

From a bitter Springbok supporter
Old Nov 16th 2003, 8:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

JW was needed for the points but the rest of the team played well considering the conditions. The possession was excellent and the pressure constant. It was only in the first quarter that France put on any pressure. The only area France caused concerns were in the lineouts.

As Roy and HG pointed out it was not exciting or attractive for the neutral but rain like that doesn't do much for running and passing game.

Here is for 2 weeks of shit at work whether England win or lose on Saturday.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

On arrival at work today you would have been forgiven for thinking that in fact we'd already been beaten in the final. They are all celebrating as if it's happened already. weird. People have already started coming up to me and saying 'can't bat, can't catch, etc etc'.
I know we'll probably get beat next week (its our lot in life to not win anything), but at least I thought I'd have the benefit of a week or so where I could rejoice in us making the final.

I see the papers have already started getting into us. The way they go on you'd have thought Australia scored 10 tries at the weekend. As it is they scored 1 try, and that from an intercept, so they managed to actually creat none themselves. Apparently this doesn't matter.

Topic for discussion:

what if England played France on Saturday in 30+ heat and Aus played NZ on Sunday in the wet'n'wild.
Would we be looking at NZ-France final?
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:36 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by RichS
On arrival at work today you would have been forgiven for thinking that in fact we'd already been beaten in the final. They are all celebrating as if it's happened already. weird. People have already started coming up to me and saying 'can't bat, can't catch, etc etc'.
I know we'll probably get beat next week (its our lot in life to not win anything), but at least I thought I'd have the benefit of a week or so where I could rejoice in us making the final.

I see the papers have already started getting into us. The way they go on you'd have thought Australia scored 10 tries at the weekend. As it is they scored 1 try, and that from an intercept, so they managed to actually creat none themselves. Apparently this doesn't matter.

Topic for discussion:

what if England played France on Saturday in 30+ heat and Aus played NZ on Sunday in the wet'n'wild.
Would we be looking at NZ-France final?
I know its somthing i am going to have to live with/get used to, but i really hate the aussie ribbing about sport. I know, i know...get a thicker skin, its all in good humour etc....

When the commonwealth games were on, we went and stayed with a few aussies. The guy just WOULD not let up about how many medals etc they had won/were winning, and seeing as athletics is'nt my sport i was just agreeing, nodding and hoping he'd go away......he did'nt. The whole weekend i had to restrain myself from silencing the scrawny little bastid, and it drove me bananas.

Lots of things i love about aussies.......but one thing i can't stand is the attitude they have when they win somthing!!
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
I know its somthing i am going to have to live with/get used to, but i really hate the aussie ribbing about sport. I know, i know...get a thicker skin, its all in good humour etc....

When the commonwealth games were on, we went and stayed with a few aussies. The guy just WOULD not let up about how many medals etc they had won/were winning, and seeing as athletics is'nt my sport i was just agreeing, nodding and hoping he'd go away......he did'nt. The whole weekend i had to restrain myself from silencing the scrawny little bastid, and it drove me bananas.

Lots of things i love about aussies.......but one thing i can't stand is the attitude they have when they win somthing!!
oh, I understan Pete...Im trying to get used to it but sometimes it hard!! They are still harping on about the Socceroos win over England in the football friendly last Feb. 'Historic Victory' the front page of the papers said the following day. I got it all at work....for about the next 6 months Unbearable!! Even in September, they were selling videos of the 'historic victory' for Father's Day - it was advertised on TV for weeks. Aaaargh.

Today's papers and last night's TV were slating the poms for being 'dull', 'dour', boring.

I hope the front page of last week's 'The Australian' sport section (a full page colour pic of JW with a big headline "is that all you've got?" - for the benfit of those who didn't see it/hear about it) comes back to haunt them next week!! Is that all we've got? I hope we can turn round and say "that's all we need"!!

HP
Old Nov 17th 2003, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Dirty French eye poking, tripper uppers

Go Johnny, Go Johnny.... and Martin. and Neil and big bloke and the rest of the big blokes.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

It's worth noting that England have beaten the Wallabies in the last 4 meetings. The baiting is simply too unnerve the team and increase the doubt. Sensibly Woodward got the monkey off our backs by coming to the SH last June and beating allcomers. THAT'S planning. I am not suggesting that England will breeze through but they will be prepared. I hope the Wallabies played their final against NZ, though I doubt it.
As for the boring tag. Utter crap. JW can only do what he does because the TEAM creates those opportunities through dominant play. If you can stop England fine, but no team in the last 20 games has been able to. If it was that easy it would have been done before. It's all about winning the cup. And ANY team would love to have JW. Sadly they are reduced to criticising him. Pathetic.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by muppetking
It's worth noting that England have beaten the Wallabies in the last 4 meetings. The baiting is simply too unnerve the team and increase the doubt. Sensibly Woodward got the monkey off our backs by coming to the SH last June and beating allcomers. THAT'S planning. I am not suggesting that England will breeze through but they will be prepared. I hope the Wallabies played their final against NZ, though I doubt it.
As for the boring tag. Utter crap. JW can only do what he does because the TEAM creates those opportunities through dominant play. If you can stop England fine, but no team in the last 20 games has been able to. If it was that easy it would have been done before. It's all about winning the cup. And ANY team would love to have JW. Sadly they are reduced to criticising him. Pathetic.
I still don't understand the rules.

Some bloke does a great long kick in to touch and the commentator is going "Oh, terrible, what a waste"

As if the soccer off side rule wasn't difficult enough there is an even harder one to understand in Rugby
Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Dirty French eye poking, tripper uppers

Go Johnny, Go Johnny.... and Martin. and Neil and big bloke and the rest of the big blokes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.