Super Pay Out

Old Jun 25th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Kenzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super Pay Out

Folks,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your Super back once you leave the country? I've filled out the application online and just have to wait until I've left the country/visa is cancelled until I can claim it.

Thanks!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Pay Out

Originally Posted by Kenzi
Folks,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your Super back once you leave the country? I've filled out the application online and just have to wait until I've left the country/visa is cancelled until I can claim it.

Thanks!
If it's more than 5k expect it to take a while as you'll need to fill out a load of forms etc etc etc
Old Jun 26th 2013, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kenzi is an unknown quantity at this point

I've filled out the application on the DASP site, thats all thats required.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenzi
I've filled out the application on the DASP site, thats all thats required.
Not if it's more than 5k. It's that much hassle I've done **** all about it for 4 months.

Since your benefit is more than $5,000.00, you will need to provide us a written statement from DIAC confirming that you were the holder of temporary resident visa that has expired or has been cancelled and you have permanently departed Australia on a particular date as mentioned below.

What we need from you

Please provide the following information:

Certified copies of your visa and passport
Please provide certified copies of the following pages of your Passport:

your personal details including your name, date of birth, photo, and passport number
the page showing your entry visa to Australia
the page showing the date of your final departure from Australia.

Each individual page must be certified by either:

a Justice of the Peace
a legal representative
a doctor, or
an Australian Embassy representative.

Any document that is not in English must be accompanied by an English translation prepared by an accredited translator.

Written statement or letter of confirmation
if your visa has been cancelled - please send a letter of confirmation from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
if you departed Australia without cancelling your visa - you may want to contact DIAC to cancel your visa if your visa has not yet expired. Your claim cannot be completed until your visa has expired or been cancelled.
if you no longer have a copy of your visa or passport or if your benefit is more than $5,000 - please provide a written statement from DIAC confirming that:

you were the holder of a temporary resident visa that has expired or has been cancelled, and
you have permanently departed Australia on a particular date.

To obtain a written statement from DIAC, you will need to complete a Confirmation of Immigration Status form, which you can obtain from DIAC.

Other identification
For identification purposes, if you no longer have a passport, please also provide a certified copy of one of the following:

National Identity card issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the UN which contains a photograph and signature of the person in whose name the card is issued.
Foreign Drivers Licence, that contains a photograph of the person in whose name it was issued.
Application for Withdrawal – Full Payment of Superannuation for Temporary Residents form - please complete and return the enclosed withdrawal form to us.
Proof of your identity - complete the enclosed Know Your Customer form and provide certified proof of identity as detailed on the form. This is a requirement under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I finished work on the 20th of feb this year,
My last company informed diac they were no longer sponsoring me on or a bouts the 22nd feb so we were looking forward to getting our cash out of the super fund relatively quickly
As of yesterday morning the bladdy visa is still showing as valid on diac.
How long do they take to cancel the thing ?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 5:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I finished work on the 20th of feb this year,
My last company informed diac they were no longer sponsoring me on or a bouts the 22nd feb so we were looking forward to getting our cash out of the super fund relatively quickly
As of yesterday morning the bladdy visa is still showing as valid on diac.
How long do they take to cancel the thing ?
Have you contacted DIAC yourself and told them to cancel it?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

My ex employer informed me that diac would cancel the 457 immediately after being informed that I was no longer being sponsored by them
Have I been informed incorrectly ?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
My ex employer informed me that diac would cancel the 457 immediately after being informed that I was no longer being sponsored by them
Have I been informed incorrectly ?
I had to get them to cancel my visa myself.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers BB,
in that case I will get onto it tomorrow
Have plans for that super now I am back in the land of cheap cars