SUPER

Old Mar 20th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default SUPER

I bought my super over nearly 9 years ago and have recently rolled it over into another fund.My statement says i have a taxable component-element taxed.My old fund advisor is saying this is for investment earings.can anyone help as i thought that this should be exempt from tax or am i wrong ?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SUPER

I'm pretty sure all earnings within the super, arising from the super investments, are taxed at 15%.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Tax-free component on the roll-over of superannuation benefits
http://www.ato.gov.au/superfunds/con...0&mfp=&st=&cy=

A member can roll-over their super benefits from one complying super plan to another, or between different interests in the same plan. This is usually done to keep the benefits invested in the super system, or to convert a lump sum to a super income stream.

No tax is generally payable until the benefits are finally drawn down.

When is the tax-free component calculated?
Taxed super funds calculate the tax-free component as follows for a:
pension in existence as at 1 July 2007 (at least one pension payment was made before 1 July 2007), the tax-free component of the benefit is not calculated under the new arrangements until a trigger event occurs
superannuation interest in accumulation phase as at 1 July 2007, the crystallised segment was calculated as at 30 June 2007. The contributions segment will be calculated when a super benefit is paid to the member.

A tax-free component is the part of a benefit that is tax-free and does not count towards your assessable (or taxable) income.

A taxable component is the part of the benefit that is taxable. It may include two parts - one where tax has been paid and one where tax has not yet been paid. These are called taxed and untaxed elements respectively.

To work out how your super payout is taxed, you only need to understand how the taxed and untaxed elements of the taxable component are taxed. The tax-free component is not taxable.

A taxed element is the super that has already had tax paid on it in the fund. It may or may not need to have additional tax paid on it once it is paid out. You may still need to include the taxed element in your tax return.

An untaxed element is the part of your payout that hasn't had any tax paid on it in the fund, but which is still taxable. It must be included in your tax return as assessable income.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 11:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

My head hurts...............
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

thx anyway ,but i still cant get my head round it
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes to both posts above, I HATE the ATO publications, your brain really has to be wired that way to understand them. And my brain isn't. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:10 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes to both posts above, I HATE the ATO publications, your brain really has to be wired that way to understand them. And my brain isn't. grrrrrrrrrrrr
It's not you - it's an Australian "feature" (as in Micro$oft feature = bug) to always write things that are completely ambiguous.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
It's not you - it's an Australian "feature" (as in Micro$oft feature = bug) to always write things that are completely ambiguous.
True. And 'strine is my first language!