sla453 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: sunshine coast meet up 27th sep at kawana Waters hotel

Originally Posted by selina
right u guys

oldies and newies its time for another meet up

the next meet will be

at kawana Waters hotel
4pm on saturday the 27th september

add our name to this thread if you are interested and i will book the tables nearer the time when i have and idea of numbers

i may even put in an appearance myself if i can get some to run the chippy for me

come on guys its about time we got together again

selina xx

Hi all,

Are these meets a regular thing?? We don't arrive until late on the 28th sept but sounds a bloody good idea to me.!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdt3000
I'll definitely try to make an appearance... Haven't been to one of these things in ages...
Hope some fun lovin' 18-30s are going this time! I have a good crowd of mates already, but need to meet some more people for regular nights out, I need to go out barring and pubbing more often! My attempt at fashionable facial hair is starting to go grey!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

ninarw is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll try and be there too! Sounds great! We've only been here a week so it would be good to meet some people!
We're in our late 20's but up for fun company of any age!
See you there
Nina and Gareth
x
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

hi
we will be coming also, i have an 18 and 20yr old will there be anyone of there age group going?So hopefully there should be 5 of us,looking forward to it.

Tony,Anne marie,Andrew,Perry & Rosie xx
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

the next meet will be

at kawana Waters hotel

so far we have

Tony,Anne marie,Andrew,Perry & Rosie
Nina and Gareth
Dave & Sarah
Clair & Tony
lynn x 4
lucy and rich
betsyboob x 4
becci and nev
dt3000 maybe
melanie maybe
Bernard and Sara maybe

ANY MORE?

Selina x
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Ipritchard66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

should be able to make it, kawana waters hotel is our local
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:03 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Hi, We'll try and come. We've just complete our first year and haven't been to a meet up almost that long.

We were newbies then and awfully shy. Found it hard to click.....

Saying that, we met some of our best friends at the last one we went to. We just didnt know it at the time.

Jamie & Linda

Last edited by The Easdales; Sep 1st 2008 at 12:19 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:53 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
If im not too jetlagged(arrive thurs morn) then we will be there,Bernard and Sara PS how long to drive from Brisbane ??
Its roughly an hour to from the airport
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough

the next meet will be

at kawana Waters hotel

so far we have

Tony,Anne marie,Andrew,Perry & Rosie
Nina and Gareth
Dave & Sarah
Clair & Tony
lynn x 4
lucy and rich
betsyboob x 4
becci and nev
dt3000 maybe
melanie maybe
Bernard and Sara maybe

ANY MORE?

Selina x
I have 2 more UK couples keen to come along- Sue & Paul, Emma & OH (think it's Rob?)
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

tam1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

right u guys

the next meet will be

at kawana Waters hotel

add our name to this thread if you are interested and i will book the tables nearer the time when i have and idea of numbers

i may even put in an appearance myself if i can get some to run the chippy for me

selina xx
Hi
Me,my OH and our 2yo Son would like to go if that is ok?

I have never been to one of these before but what I would like to know if anyone could help.
I see small amount of people on here who come on and have a moan about what they don't like about Australia & Australians in general and that is there opinion and I have nothing against that.

What I was wanting to know is, Do they bring these issues with them to get togethers? the reason I am asking is that my wife is Australian and I would feel very uncomfortable hearing all of this.

Tam
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

right u guys

the next meet will be

at kawana Waters hotel

selina xx
Hi, I would like to come but it would just be me and the three children age 8 and under. The OH will be at work. Is there anywhere for the kids to play here?
Kate
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tam1970
Hi
Me,my OH and our 2yo Son would like to go if that is ok?

I have never been to one of these before but what I would like to know if anyone could help.
I see small amount of people on here who come on and have a moan about what they don't like about Australia & Australians in general and that is there opinion and I have nothing against that.

What I was wanting to know is, Do they bring these issues with them to get togethers? the reason I am asking is that my wife is Australian and I would feel very uncomfortable hearing all of this.

Tam
To be honest, when you put a bunch of poms together we probably are going to bitch about things a little, for example about things like the things you don't get down under, shops and brands that you miss etc. It's usually meant in a light hearted way though, I don't think people would ever mean it in a nasty or seriously negative way. Plus the fact that we all came here for a reason, if we really felt that negative about the place then we wouldn't still be here. Depends on your OHs sense of humour I suppose. I know there are some australians that can't take a little light hearted ribbing of their home country and get all patriotic and defensive, IF your OH is like that, she may feel a little uncomfortable.

Hope that helps!

Jamie
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

tam1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, when you put a bunch of poms together we probably are going to bitch about things a little, for example about things like the things you don't get down under, shops and brands that you miss etc. It's usually meant in a light hearted way though, I don't think people would ever mean it in a nasty or seriously negative way. Plus the fact that we all came here for a reason, if we really felt that negative about the place then we wouldn't still be here. Depends on your OHs sense of humour I suppose. I know there are some australians that can't take a little light hearted ribbing of their home country and get all patriotic and defensive, IF your OH is like that, she may feel a little uncomfortable.

Hope that helps!

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Cheer's for your reply, that does help.

My wife has got a sense of humour, well she says she must have one as she married me

Thank's again and see you on the 27th.

Tam
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:46 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that helps!

Jamie
Who you calling a pom,im a whinging Paddy
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:53 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi selina ive only just got ur pm, thanks, will be great to get out and see some new faces, so hopefully see you there, colleen, mark and 2 littlies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.