Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast in campervan

Sunshine Coast in campervan

Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future
Smile Sunshine Coast in campervan

Hi everyone
Advice needed please.. me & OH planning a 14 day campervan trip to tour Sunshine Coast early Feb 08. The advice I need is type of Campervan to go for ie 2 berth (would this big enough) and should we go for one with shower/toilet?
Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Sunshine Coast in campervan

Hi Surrey family,
Nice choice, the Sunnie coast for trip, yes I`m biased... live here... 2 berth, um not sure... how many of you, considering your user ID.. toilet and shower depends if you are going to use campsites or not... Toilet handy naturally for those nightime pees when you cannot be bothered to go along to the loos... I hated "running the gauntlet" past the happy campers first thing in the morning with a full bladder " morning, morning"...... just let me empty this.... Shower not really necessary.... toured Oz, hubby and I in a 5 berth, shower, separate toilet... used shower twice! site facilities more than adequate.

Consider why go for a larger van, ups your fuel costs, weather should be good, you`ll be outside the van for most of the time. good to have reasonable kit, such as chairs, table for all the enroute pull ups and admire the view times with your favorite poison... We did enjoy the occasional power hook on sites to enjoy the aircon on really hot days/nights! Our temps here on the coast tend to be a little cooler however.... Can remember one occasion in S Australia camping bush, where during the day, I jumped in the car and blasted the aircon just to cool off.... It was 42 degrees and we were trying to eat cooked food... Nuts.............. Mandy.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:24 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreyfamily
Hi everyone
Advice needed please.. me & OH planning a 14 day campervan trip to tour Sunshine Coast early Feb 08. The advice I need is type of Campervan to go for ie 2 berth (would this big enough) and should we go for one with shower/toilet?
Thanks
try Britz

or you could go for those seriously didgy vw campervans covered in grafitti, cant remember name of the company... [edit ] found em http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/

Id go for one with a bog, and shower.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Nickc278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where in surrey are you from Surrey family ?

Nick (ex Guildford)
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nickc278
Where in surrey are you from Surrey family ?

Nick (ex Guildford)
Hi Nick
We are from Camberley, coming out for 3 months to see if OH could live there. I'm up for it but have to persuade him.
Been 5 or 6 times before but only on a two/three week holiday and we rushed everywhere, didn't really stay anywhere for more than 2/3 days, it was hectic trying to visit relations and friends. My friend has moved to Brisbane last year and built a house so looking forward to spending some quanlity time with her.
Where in Oz do you live?

Last edited by surreyfamily; Nov 29th 2007 at 10:52 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Hi Surrey family,
Nice choice, the Sunnie coast for trip, yes I`m biased... live here... 2 berth, um not sure... how many of you, considering your user ID.. toilet and shower depends if you are going to use campsites or not... Toilet handy naturally for those nightime pees when you cannot be bothered to go along to the loos... I hated "running the gauntlet" past the happy campers first thing in the morning with a full bladder " morning, morning"...... just let me empty this.... Shower not really necessary.... toured Oz, hubby and I in a 5 berth, shower, separate toilet... used shower twice! site facilities more than adequate.

Consider why go for a larger van, ups your fuel costs, weather should be good, you`ll be outside the van for most of the time. good to have reasonable kit, such as chairs, table for all the enroute pull ups and admire the view times with your favorite poison... We did enjoy the occasional power hook on sites to enjoy the aircon on really hot days/nights! Our temps here on the coast tend to be a little cooler however.... Can remember one occasion in S Australia camping bush, where during the day, I jumped in the car and blasted the aircon just to cool off.... It was 42 degrees and we were trying to eat cooked food... Nuts.............. Mandy.
Hello Mandy
There's just the two of us. Coming out for 3 month reccie, I'm convinced just have to work on OH.
Thanks for advise
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Hi Surrey family,

Forgot to ask ..where is Pelican Waters?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
try Britz

or you could go for those seriously didgy vw campervans covered in grafitti, cant remember name of the company... [edit ] found em http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/

Id go for one with a bog, and shower.
Hello
Thanks for reply. I know OH wants bog, spends alot time in there reading paper etc. I've read some of your mails, my OH does wood flooring as well as other building work. He wants to try something new, he can't stand the hassle and the way you are spoken to on site anymore, I suppose as you get older you have less patience. He goes on about getting an office job, can't see it though when he has been in building trade for over 30 years.
Many of the building trades are being taken over by the Polish so this seems the best time to look to live somewhere else.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Nickc278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nick
We are from Camberley, coming out for 3 months to see if OH could live there. I'm up for it but have to persuade him.
Been 5 or 6 times before but only on a two/three week holiday and we rushed everywhere, didn't really stay anywhere for more than 2/3 days, it was hectic trying to visit relations and friends. My friend has moved to Brisbane last year and built a house so looking forward to spending some quanlity time with her.
Where in Oz do you live?

Redcliffe, just North of Brissy.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nickc278
Redcliffe, just North of Brissy.
I'll look that up...trying to get myself familiar with the area's..
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I love this, its brill. we love our campervan, although I must say ours doesnt have a paint job like that, infact it hasnt had a paint job at all. every door is a different colour, but it adds character I think
bec
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Forgot to ask ..where is Pelican Waters?
Caloundra, Sunshine coast, nice and peaceful, just right for us oldies
Best of luck and enjoy the cooking on the gas hob and oven, I did but that another story
Mandy