sunshine coast

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:03 pm
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice
Default sunshine coast

We have been living in Mountain Creek now for 2 months and love it. We have 2 youngsters a son of 18 and a daughter of 19, Any one else have youngsters this age? or are there any youngsters this age out there who are also finding it hard? would love to hear from you.
julie
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sunshine coast

julie, be there soon and would love to meet up. selina x

p.s. forgot to ask are you going to the meet up today (sunday) at kawana waters?

Last edited by selina; Jun 3rd 2006 at 10:30 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:39 pm
julie

jubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nicejubily is just really nice

Originally Posted by selina
julie, be there soon and would love to meet up. selina x

p.s. forgot to ask are you going to the meet up today (sunday) at kawana waters?
Yes, we are going at 12:30 to the kawana waters meet up
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: sunshine coast

Originally Posted by jubily
We have been living in Mountain Creek now for 2 months and love it. We have 2 youngsters a son of 18 and a daughter of 19, Any one else have youngsters this age? or are there any youngsters this age out there who are also finding it hard? would love to hear from you.
julie
Hey,

I'm coming to todays meeting at the Kawana Hotel/Pub/Whatever, so I'll see you guys there!

Jamie
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

julie
Hi Julie.

It was lovely to meet you today, send me a PM if you still fancy meeting up for that drink in the week, i'm busy Mon and Wed but any other day i'm fine.

Paula.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

julie
Hiya Julie
We hope to be moving over in October and I have two teenage daughters age 12 and 14, not as old as yours but I'm slightly worried about how my eldest will fit in as she is very quiet and self conscious. Mountain Creek is on our "hit list" of places to consider moving to. Basically, we looked at "EVERY SINGLE high school in Queensland where we would consider moving to. That was at least 100! We then checked each and everyone out and now have a shortlist of 11 potential areas\schools. Hoping to get that down to about 6 before we get there though! I suppose having older kids means you don't have the hassle of finding schools but on the other hand, thats where they would get to meet other kids of their age.I would recomend you post on the teenagers forum as you may get a bit more joy on there. Anyway, all the best (I may need to pick your brains about MC at some stage if you don't mind!)
Kelly x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:30 pm
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

[QUOTE=kellyjs]Hiya Julie
Hi

I have 3 teenagers, 19, 17, 16, the eldest is staying in uk, but hoping the other 2 will be coming over with us by the end of the summer, i think it is hard for them at first until they make the first new friend then it seems better (we have been to the sunshine coast before), we found that they looked very different from the aussies due to their clothes etc, but once they changed that it seemed easier, we did have some laughs along the way with this though, are they interested in any clubs/hobbies to help them meet people?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:20 pm
julie

[QUOTE=srd]
Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hiya Julie
Hi

I have 3 teenagers, 19, 17, 16, the eldest is staying in uk, but hoping the other 2 will be coming over with us by the end of the summer, i think it is hard for them at first until they make the first new friend then it seems better (we have been to the sunshine coast before), we found that they looked very different from the aussies due to their clothes etc, but once they changed that it seemed easier, we did have some laughs along the way with this though, are they interested in any clubs/hobbies to help them meet people?
Yes my son has joined a football team. They will settle and make friends but you know yourself if their not happy it makes it harder on everyone. Where abouts are you living now? Bet you can't wait to see kids again.
thanks
julie
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=jubily]
Originally Posted by srd
Yes my son has joined a football team. They will settle and make friends but you know yourself if their not happy it makes it harder on everyone. Where abouts are you living now? Bet you can't wait to see kids again.
thanks
julie
god julie why are you up soooooooo early? selina x
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:32 pm
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice
Smile Re: sunshine coast

[QUOTE=jubily][QUOTE=srd]
well done for joining up with something, am sure this will help. at present we are all in uk, suffolk, but those of that are returning are hoping to get there late summer - house sale depending, am getting really fed up with the wait and now my daughter who is the youngest desperately wants to go to college here and its getting harder and harder to move back to oz. do hope that your guys settle soon. one of the funniest times was when my eldest had made a friend who asked if he wanted to go to a club with him, so he got all dressed up as he would in uk, then his friend turned up in boardies - it was a shock for my son, but one he soon got used to. take care.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:03 am
julie

Have just been to a great shop in Caloundra that sells british sweets/food. The owner (Pauline) was in the shop. What a helpful and pleasent woman. It seems to be a good place to find out about things. Carry on the good work and good luck.
Julie
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Have just been to a great shop in Caloundra that sells british sweets/food. The owner (Pauline) was in the shop. What a helpful and pleasent woman. It seems to be a good place to find out about things. Carry on the good work and good luck.
Julie
Hi Julie.
I was in there yesterday i bought some cornish pasties, eccles cakes, and some cherry bakewell's and all home made really yummy.
I will give you a call this week, sorry i've not rung you i've been so busy i started working at the Koala hospital this week.
Paula.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:50 am
gop
Forum Regular

gop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There, any chance you can help me. Three children 16,14 and 12 been in Brisbane for two weeks now. At the moment I cant find a decent rental property 4 beds.When I got here I was really upbeat but now absolutely fed up. Have been looking Albany Creek areas and west of Brisbane. In most of these areas I am not getting the feel of the" Australian" way of life, the houses are all so cramped together plus if you do find a nice one they will not allow the bloody pets. Spoke to a English lady in Pelican Waters who said Mountain Creek school was good but would not want to live there, Why! maybe its because she lives in Pelican waters and waxed lyrical about it?
Did not help also when the company that brought us out here have been crap and not quite living up to their promises of help. So ladies I am a desperate absolutely pissed of housewife with no home, Help me please
Jane
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gop
Hi There, any chance you can help me. Three children 16,14 and 12 been in Brisbane for two weeks now. At the moment I cant find a decent rental property 4 beds.When I got here I was really upbeat but now absolutely fed up. Have been looking Albany Creek areas and west of Brisbane. In most of these areas I am not getting the feel of the" Australian" way of life, the houses are all so cramped together plus if you do find a nice one they will not allow the bloody pets. Spoke to a English lady in Pelican Waters who said Mountain Creek school was good but would not want to live there, Why! maybe its because she lives in Pelican waters and waxed lyrical about it?
Did not help also when the company that brought us out here have been crap and not quite living up to their promises of help. So ladies I am a desperate absolutely pissed of housewife with no home, Help me please
Jane
Hi Jane.
We rented in Chancellor Park when we got hear, there are some really nice properties there too, my two children both go to Chancellor school 6yrs and 14yrs and have settled in really well, if i can help in any way please let me know.
Paula.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:45 pm
julie

Originally Posted by gop
Jane
Don't give up I have sent you a pm so hopefully that will help. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
Chin Up
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.