Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunmoon Resort - Scarborough (Perth)

Sunmoon Resort - Scarborough (Perth)

Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sunmoon Resort - Scarborough (Perth)

Has anybody stayed here?

If so, would you recommend it for a week's family holiday?

Thanks

BD
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:50 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunmoon Resort - Scarborough (Perth)

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Has anybody stayed here?

Thanks

BD
Havent stayed there but it looks a good alternative to the Rendezvous, its on the other side of Westcoast highway so your not directly overlooking the beach and that can be a busy road at peak times.

Have a look at this place, I saw it advertised a while back its called Beach Manor
http://www.bedandbreakfastperth.com/

I dont know anyone thats stayed there, but its in a pretty good spot away from the main road (there is a carpark between the property and the beach)
It just looked a bit different and a bit more personal than the Sunmoon or Rendezvous.

Steve
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:31 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Has anybody stayed here?

Thanks

BD
If you drive 10 minutes further up the coast the Sorrento Beach Resort is really nice, and literally overlooks the ocean. We know several people who have stayed there, and all have enjoyed their stay.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
If you drive 10 minutes further up the coast the Sorrento Beach Resort is really nice, and literally overlooks the ocean. We know several people who have stayed there, and all have enjoyed their stay.

I'll second that, we've had friends stay there, much nicer than Scarborough and close enough to walk to Hillarys.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:04 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody stayed here?

Thanks

BD
Check this site out, http://cottesloe.stays.com.au/browse.html

They have a number of non hotel type options, Cottesloe has a pretty safe beach, can be busy at weekends and when the schools are off. But is handier than the northern suburbs for getting around. You can walk to the Train line and get to Fremantle,Subiaco Perth etc (handy for )

Steve
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

We stayed there when we arrived in July 2003. I wouldn't recommend it. Apart from the fact there were only about 4 other people staying there (it was Winter time I accept) they put us in the back row of apartments on the top floor. There's no lifts and we had our double allowance of luggage - which didn't go down well at midnight having just stepped off a plane from lovely warm Brissie! Then the room smelt of air freshner - but not a nice smell - it was so strong it was like it was covering up a dodgy smell.
Take the others advice and go a to Sorrento. That's my opinion.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:57 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshgirl
We stayed there when we arrived in July 2003. I wouldn't recommend it. Apart from the fact there were only about 4 other people staying there (it was Winter time I accept) they put us in the back row of apartments on the top floor. There's no lifts and we had our double allowance of luggage - which didn't go down well at midnight having just stepped off a plane from lovely warm Brissie! Then the room smelt of air freshner - but not a nice smell - it was so strong it was like it was covering up a dodgy smell.
Take the others advice and go a to Sorrento. That's my opinion.

I had a look at a couple of apartments when I was first here and the overpowering smell of air freshener hit me also. It was so strong as to be cloying - the kind of smell that you got in taxis in the early 80s!

My own theory is that the over use of these types of household chemicals contributes to the development of childhood asthma. And Australia has one of the highest rates and fastest growing rates of asthma in the developed world. Coincidental?