Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Wikiposts

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Old May 5th 2004, 1:36 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

it's started already. there are currently 45 tickets on sale on ebay, but beware, no resale of tickets is permitted, and the seats can be confiscated

http://search.ebay.com.au/ws/search/...perty=1&sotr=2
Old May 5th 2004, 2:18 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by brisnick
it's started already. there are currently 45 tickets on sale on ebay, but beware, no resale of tickets is permitted, and the seats can be confiscated

http://search.ebay.com.au/ws/search/...perty=1&sotr=2
I actually bought my A tickets off Ebay for the World cup. Originally I bought some c's and some B's - the official way.. closer to the match.. I thought B8gger this .. I want some A's. So I sold my B's and C's on ebay ( actually two of them I sold at a loss .. to a ticket tout who were selling them to tourists who came in for the cup).. Anyway I bought some A's and was lucky enough to get them below face value ( which must have been afirst for Ebay) . Turns out the guy I bought them off was a cop!! I nearly sh*t myself when I saw an email come in labelled with a police address .. the guy was up in cairns, and using the email at his police address... I'm wondering how a policeman got cheap tickets in the first place.. ahh corrupt!

Anyway, first reaction when I saw an email from the police.. oh my gawd what Have I done.. I've still got his email somewhere.. scary thought buying tickets from police isn't it?

Anyway, during the cup it wasn't illegal to sell them , it was just illegal to sell them above face value.. during the cup I actually wrote to the body and complained about the touting going on Ebay.. they didn't give a damn , had a reply off them just saying if they are caught they will be prosecuted.

The rugby body don't give a damn, unlike during the olympics .. it was illegal to sell tickets to the olympics on Ebay.

I should dig out my emails from them and post them on here, I will if I can find them.

cheers
Old May 5th 2004, 2:36 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

"I will be at work shortly and will send you a confirmation email from this address to ensure that you have the correct contact details over the next couple of days.

Once again congrats on the Auction. I am assuming you are a welsh fan and as such I wish you the best of evenings.

Cheers,"
This above was one of the emails I had off the cop ... I won't put his email adrdess on here but it was ********@police.qld.gov.au

Now imagine seeing that email come into your inbox..lol, I thought oh my gawd why are the police writing to me.. quick run!!!

.... I'm still looking for the email/answer I had off the RWC.. I have folders everywhere.. can't seem to find it.. .. but basically they don't give a sh*t about the touting that went on, and goes on

Last edited by Ceri; May 5th 2004 at 2:38 pm.
Old May 5th 2004, 2:41 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

found it ( this is in reply to my letter regarding touting on Ebay):

Thank you for your email.

As you could imagine buying tickets from anywhere but a licenced agent is very risky. The tickets can turn out to be stolen, or have been reported lost by the legitimate owner, and if purchased by someone else, they will not be admitted entry into the event on the day, and they will not be entitled to any refund.

Unfortunately we cannot control these people selling tickets on auction sites, although we do advise them that if they sell the ticket for more than the face value, legal action will be taken if caught.

People purchasing tickets from these sites are simply asking for trouble, as in my experience, I have dealt with many customers who have paid thousands of dollars for tickets, and when it comes to the day of the event, I am unable to seat them as they are not the rightful owner of the tickets.

We certainly do have measures in place to deal with issues like this. In the end, the fans who purchase tickets the correct way, are not missing out.

Kind Regards,

Daniel McCallum
Rugby World Cup 2003
Processing Centre - Team Leader
Old May 6th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rugby game in brissie

We have been searching on the web to try and get tickets for this game and up pops BritishExpats site. As we are members, thought it might be worthwhile posting a thread.

If anyone can buy tickets for this game in June or if anyone has any/one for sale, please please please let us know.

Rob and Kim

Old May 6th 2004, 10:02 am
PommieLeague

Wink Rugby League

Heres a proper rugby club www.broncos.com.au

Old May 6th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Chaps,

Its worth noting that England play here every year in June - they are contracted to do so.

That means you need to get onto the ball early, because as they rotate venues the chances are each major city only gets a sniff every few years.

My dad is a season ticket holder at Gloucester, and the way I got tickets was to get him to get on to the RFU and request them. for last years sell out Melbourne game they came up with 4 no problems.

I suggest those who are interested in this sort of thing shell out the 30 quid to become rfu members and hence eligibke for all tickets to away games. Demand shouldn;t be too great and you might get lucky.

you might still try the NZ games? It'd be more fun. we're going to lose anyway so better to lose amongst nicer people.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:34 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

More tickets have been released today, for those who are interested.

Jane
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

our 10 yr old son is playing the half time match all of 7 mins for Albany Creek v Norths we havent got tickets though

juliet
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:43 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dobbo
our 10 yr old son is playing the half time match all of 7 mins for Albany Creek v Norths we havent got tickets though

juliet
Get them now, Juliet, they're still on sale. www.ticketek.com

Jane
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jane
just managed to buy a family ticket needed an extra one but they wouldnt let me max 4 tickets I will probably have to bribe the eldest with a trip to the cinema
thanks for that

Juliet