Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Wikiposts

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Does anyone know the difference between the platinum, gold and silver seats? Is it worth paying extra for the platinum? Tickets are a lot more than the gold.

Jane
I went to suncorp for the quarter finals (world cup.. England V Wales). Tickets for that match were classed as A , B and C, with A being the top seats, dearest, and C the crap seats.(they were not worded/classed as platinum, gold and silver like the match you want to see)
So your platinum, gold, and silver sounds as if it's the same as A B and C in that order.
I had A seats , the dearest tickets (or platinum in your case)

Seating arrangements for the quarters at the world cup :

The A seats were seated on the half way, and were highest up in the stadium.. i.e. the "best seats" so you are supposed to get the best of view (which it was..very good view of the whole pitch) , now B seats were a bit odd.. some were better than others - some were just a little lower down than the A's (on the half way line, so some of them were just as good as our A seat tickets) , but others were to the side away from the half way and stretching across to the bottom of the pitch.. so with B's it was just the luck of the draw, i.e. the seat number you were given randomly on your ticket when you purchased it.. C's were on the corners ( if you can call them corners.. the stadium seating is an oval), and either end of the pitch behind or to the side of the goal posts .. i.e. C's were Cr*p seating position from what I saw.

Umm is it worth buying an A ticket (platinum)? I'd say this is a hard one to answer.... I had A tickets , and when I was at the match ..a few rows down some B (gold) ticket holders sat... good seats, while others were positioned well away from the half way and not so good seats ( although all B's were "goodish" seats.. and not "bad"). It really is the luck of the draw with B tickets. .. but none of them looked bad, except the C's who were down the end of the pitch.

Also when the match kicked off, because a lot of the A ticket seats were empty ( because they were dear) we had people climbing up from B seats to sit in the A seats (cheeky riff raff ) .

what you could also do.. go look at the seating arrangements ( if the suncorp stadium , or any of the rugby sites have it up on their site) .. when it was the world cup, they had pictures of the seating arrangements so you could see the seating arrangements ,where the A B and c's were positioned.

Put it this way, if you buy B's ( Gold) I do not think you will be disappointed, they are good seats.. if you buy A's (platinum) they are of course a little better, .. all it means you will be right on the half way line and be seated higher so you can see all of the pitch and without swivelling your head too much.

It is a good stadium and their facilities are very good. They have large screens either end of the pitch, refreshments ( beer and food just outside the "arena" and smoking areas too by the bar

Anyway, the only ones that I personally would avoid are C's -the cheap seats/tickets .. just in case you are the unlucky s8ds who get plonked right at the end of the pitch, behind the posts, on a low level.

If you are in a dilemma about forking out extra money for the Platinum seats.. I'd say don't bother if you're unsure,go for the Gold., they are not bad seats. at least the ones which were near our A seats weren't . whether they have changed the way they seat people I don't know.. but that's how it was when I went to watch the quarters.

cheers
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:40 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

check out http://www.rugby.com.au/verve/_resources/SUNT4005-.pdf for the seating plan

we are actually going for bronze tickets. i had various different ones during the world cup. i sat in the 'platinum' section for a broncos game, and have to say i prefered the silver/gold seats.

i guess it depends on what viewpoint you prefer. i always prefered standing behind the goals when i went to watch wolves play football.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:35 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by brisnick
check out http://www.rugby.com.au/verve/_resources/SUNT4005-.pdf for the seating plan

we are actually going for bronze tickets. i had various different ones during the world cup. i sat in the 'platinum' section for a broncos game, and have to say i prefered the silver/gold seats.

i guess it depends on what viewpoint you prefer. i always prefered standing behind the goals when i went to watch wolves play football.
yip those purple looking seats that are classed as platinum's were A tickets in the world cup , but they also had a few more B's (gold) chucked in lower down and more to the side , not just on the corners , but you can see what I mean by them also being on corners ..

those c seats ( bronze) how on earth can you see ( it's not as if it's ground level).. they have a big barrier.. and what if you are behind one of the posts, cutting a bit of your vision out. Not that I've ever sat in a c seat.. just don't fancy being stuck down one end of the pitch.. I like to watch all. ( I know you have the big screen).. but to me that is not quite the same.

I was sitting right up at the top row .. not a good idea if you get excited and start jumping up and down leaning forward ..my hubby nearly went tumbling down over the seats in front .. had to grab him by the shirt .. and he's normally the less excitable of the two of us ,, can't take him any where..lol.

looking at those arrangements they have now ..forget about gold , go for the platinum, the expensive seats if you don't mind forking out the extra... just my personal opinion, what I prefer , but the view you get from the half way and the top is brilliant.

cheers
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:29 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
yip those purple looking seats that are classed as platinum's were A tickets in the world cup , but they also had a few more B's (gold) chucked in lower down and more to the side , not just on the corners , but you can see what I mean by them also being on corners ..

those c seats ( bronze) how on earth can you see ( it's not as if it's ground level).. they have a big barrier.. and what if you are behind one of the posts, cutting a bit of your vision out. Not that I've ever sat in a c seat.. just don't fancy being stuck down one end of the pitch.. I like to watch all. ( I know you have the big screen).. but to me that is not quite the same.

I was sitting right up at the top row .. not a good idea if you get excited and start jumping up and down leaning forward ..my hubby nearly went tumbling down over the seats in front .. had to grab him by the shirt .. and he's normally the less excitable of the two of us ,, can't take him any where..lol.

looking at those arrangements they have now ..forget about gold , go for the platinum, the expensive seats if you don't mind forking out the extra... just my personal opinion, what I prefer , but the view you get from the half way and the top is brilliant.

cheers
Thanks Ceri & Brisnick for bringing the thread back on track and answering my question.:lecture: Jim hits the big 40 in June and this is his Birthday present, so I'm not bothered about the cost, I just wanted to know if it was worth the extra. I think I'll go for the platinum if that's OK with Mr Paddad who will be going with him.

Jane
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:03 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i had C's for england v uruguay, not the ground level one's, but the one's higher up in the corner, and i was really impresed with the view.

must admit that being at ground level is pretty bad
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:59 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I asked the guys at work and got these answers:

seating plan at http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/default.asp?PageID=20

Any of the seats more than 15 rows back from the sidelines on the first level and second tier are also great.

and:

here's the seating plan <http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/default.asp?PageID=20> - my recommendation is avoid being too low - anywhere high up is pretty good. One of the best views I've had so far was with the cheapest tickets in Bay 512... I've also paid top dollar for tickets and finished very low down in bay 339 which was quite poor visability. If I was given a choice I'd go for 521/522.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:42 am
PommieLeague

Suncorp Stadium is home of proper rugby, the best, the League variety and of course Brisbane Broncos and Queensland Maroons.

Why on earth would anyone want to watch the boring kixk and clap union bore is beyond me!

Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Good choice.

Gonna watch us stuff the Aussies once more at rugger!!!

TT
I dunno. I think the Aussies might take this one.
Old May 4th 2004, 10:51 am
PommieLeague

Rugger!? Whats that?

Old May 4th 2004, 10:51 am
PommieLeague

Rugger!? Whats that?

Old May 4th 2004, 1:05 pm
Drunken Aussie

did you get tickets? they sold out in 55 minutes this morning
Old May 4th 2004, 1:08 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by brisnick
did you get tickets? they sold out in 55 minutes this morning
No, I bloody didn't.

Did you? Do you know anybody who did? Have you got any spare? Can you tell I'm desperate?

Its Jim's 40th Birthday the week after and this was supposed to be his Birthday present.

Can anybody help?

Jane
Old May 4th 2004, 1:11 pm
Drunken Aussie

nope. no luck here either.

bloody corporates mean being a 'real' fan isn't good enough any more!

No, I bloody didn't.

Did you? Do you know anybody who did? Have you got any spare? Can you tell I'm desperate?

Its Jim's 40th Birthday the week after and this was supposed to be his Birthday present.

Can anybody help?

Jane
Old May 4th 2004, 1:12 pm
Drunken Aussie

i suppose there's ebay, or maybe getting them through the rfu in england, and i heard that some of the queensland reds allocation is going to be put back on sale (though i can't back-up this claim with hard facts).
Old May 4th 2004, 1:35 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

No, I bloody didn't.

Can anybody help?

Jane
You're going to have a job getting them.

A couple of years ago when The lions came over I said to hubby (when they realised the tickets) "Shall I buy us some tickets, do you fancy seeing them?" .. "nah not really" he says.. Then a couple of days later he changes he changes mind ( and they say woman are the ones who do this! Men!!!) .. I couldn't get them for love nor money.

You'll probably get them on Ebay in a few days time.. at an inflated price. Depends how much you really want them.

who were selling them? Ticketek?
yes.. just checked:
Select Venue:
Suncorp Stadium
Select Date:
Sat 26 Jun 2004 6:30pm
Allocation Exhausted
.................................................. ....

next time( if you haven't already), join ticketek and they send you emails /newsletters of coming events in advance.. so you can get in quick.

Anyway, that won't help you now.. The only thing I can suggest if you really want them is to keep your eye out on Ebay - but you'll probably have to pay through the nose for them. Or, go to trading post ( the online version of the paper) and keep your eye out there.. I think you can have email alerts from them too.

and join up with ticketek.. for email alerts.. just in case they release any more tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.