Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sun Bathing Question

Sun Bathing Question

Old Jun 10th 2006, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sun Bathing Question

Hi Folks,

Whilst on our validation trip it occurred to me that there is a potential problem with living on the East Coast.

Can any one tell whats the best way to sunbath after 2pm ? I found that as the sun began to lower in the afternoon I had to sunbath with my head seaside so to speak...which, due to the gradient of the beach, was a little uncomfortable

Strange what you think about whilst chilling on a beach...

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:19 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sun Bathing Question

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi Folks,

Whilst on our validation trip it occurred to me that there is a potential problem with living on the East Coast.

Can any one tell whats the best way to sunbath after 2pm ? I found that as the sun began to lower in the afternoon I had to sunbath with my head seaside so to speak...which, due to the gradient of the beach, was a little uncomfortable

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
There is'nt any sun this time of year. unless you are in Queensland
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
We arrived in February and it was extremely hot.
We found that IMHO people are much more sun cancer aware here and many don't actually sunbathe. But instead smother themselves with very high factor sunscreen.
If you want to sunbathe - you could do it in your back yard - if you want to be beside the sea - then i found that a nice walk along the water's edge does the trick!

That's only my observation from the Northern Beaches - may be different elsewhere.

L-j

PS - my family of 5 are now no browner than if we'd had a couple of hot days in Manchester!
If you like a tan - you can always fake it! - much safer IMO
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:36 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
Are you on drugs?? - If so, can I have some of what you're taking?
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I knew what you meant
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:51 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers

What part of the East coast were you at, Nimbin ? (
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

mullumbimbi...nuff said...lol
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

never...lol
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
You don't actually have to face the sun you know. If you stay lying feet towards sea, the sun will still find you
Old Jun 11th 2006, 2:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts exactly when I read it last night - I thought perhaps I'd been drinking .....
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:09 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My thoughts exactly when I read it last night - I thought perhaps I'd been drinking .....

My thoughts too.... and I had been drinking, so I didn't reply!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Berena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
We arrived in February and it was extremely hot.
We found that IMHO people are much more sun cancer aware here and many don't actually sunbathe. But instead smother themselves with very high factor sunscreen.
If you want to sunbathe - you could do it in your back yard - if you want to be beside the sea - then i found that a nice walk along the water's edge does the trick!

That's only my observation from the Northern Beaches - may be different elsewhere.

L-j

PS - my family of 5 are now no browner than if we'd had a couple of hot days in Manchester!
If you like a tan - you can always fake it! - much safer IMO

There was an interesting snippet on the TV this week - the medical pundits have found that there is now a generation of older women in Australia who through a lifetime of avoidance of exposure to sun now have an increased risk of osteoporosis due to lack of sun light production of vitamin D in the skin.

Maybe.... a little bit of what you fancy does you good?

Moderation I suppose is the answer!

Peter
Old Jun 11th 2006, 5:23 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Cool Re: Sun Bathing Question

Originally Posted by Berena
There was an interesting snippet on the TV this week - the medical pundits have found that there is now a generation of older women in Australia who through a lifetime of avoidance of exposure to sun now have an increased risk of osteoporosis due to lack of sun light production of vitamin D in the skin.

Maybe.... a little bit of what you fancy does you good?

Moderation I suppose is the answer!

Peter
Peter did the programme you saw on TV say anything about high factor sunscreen reducing or preventing the uptake of vitamin D?

Here in Dubai (45c yesterday) we always sit in the shade never in the sun. But do walk along the beach with high factor sun screen on between 9:00 - 11:00am only. Over time this brings out all my freckles which makes me look as though I have a suntan from a distance. This does also produce a slight tan so we don't look whiter than white.

If you notice there are now a very high proportion of white cosmetics available - so it's fashionable to be white!

Maggie
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:23 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Peter did the programme you saw on TV say anything about high factor sunscreen reducing or preventing the uptake of vitamin D?

Here in Dubai (45c yesterday) we always sit in the shade never in the sun. But do walk along the beach with high factor sun screen on between 9:00 - 11:00am only. Over time this brings out all my freckles which makes me look as though I have a suntan from a distance. This does also produce a slight tan so we don't look whiter than white.

If you notice there are now a very high proportion of white cosmetics available - so it's fashionable to be white!

Maggie
Overburned woman just remind me of snags left on the BBQ too long.
About as appealing as a women done up like a clown.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:30 am
Banned

Hi Folks,

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
l'll have 3 of whatever shes been having

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.