Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

summer holidays? camping/cabins?

summer holidays? camping/cabins?

Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default summer holidays? camping/cabins?

I realise its bit late to start planning.
But wondering if Im going to be able to get a camp site or cabin hire over the summer holidays? Ive got four kids, so hotels would cost too much.

Will everyone want a minimum of 7 days, as fancy a couple of days then move onto some place else. So we see more.

Camping in a tent, will it be too hot in WA and other states in Dec/January?
As worried about heat and mozzies.

Or is a cabin better idea this time of year? Have stayed in a cabins a couple of times and was great.

Hubby is a teacher so we have several weeks off to explore South of Perth and further.

Probably stupid question will all camping (tent) sites be absolutely chocca over Jan? Hubby hates campsites that pack them in like sardines.
Have we left it too late to get anything available?

Gems
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: summer holidays? camping/cabins?

Check out http://www.big4.com.au/ for sites. Many of which have cabins etc as well....
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Default Re: summer holidays? camping/cabins?

Originally Posted by Gems
I realise its bit late to start planning.
But wondering if Im going to be able to get a camp site or cabin hire over the summer holidays? Ive got four kids, so hotels would cost too much.

Will everyone want a minimum of 7 days, as fancy a couple of days then move onto some place else. So we see more.

Camping in a tent, will it be too hot in WA and other states in Dec/January?
As worried about heat and mozzies.

Or is a cabin better idea this time of year? Have stayed in a cabins a couple of times and was great.

Hubby is a teacher so we have several weeks off to explore South of Perth and further.

Probably stupid question will all camping (tent) sites be absolutely chocca over Jan? Hubby hates campsites that pack them in like sardines.
Have we left it too late to get anything available?

Gems
Hi - we also have 4 kids (under 8) and have camped several times in WA. We went away for 10 days last Xmas holidays and camped the whole way. We did 4 nights in Albany, 3 nights in Esperence and 3 nights in Kalgoorlie. Temperatures varied - Albany being the coolest and Kalgoorlie hitting the middle 30's - but we didn't really notice it as by the time you get back to the tent at the end of the day it's cooled down. We had a brilliant time and wouldn't hesitate to do it all again. I have just booked a week in Dunsborough/Busselton for January but it was hard to get....camp sites were getting very full and I had to phone around and compromise on the dates we wanted.

The websites I used were:

www.big4.com.au and www.toptouristparks.com.au

Best of luck - you'll have a ball!

Galba