Reload this Page >

CHANGING STATES ?

CHANGING STATES ?

Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Goldie b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHANGING STATES ?

Hi All
We are moving to perth next year on business visa subclass 160 as this subclass is not sponsored is it possible to change state or you have to buy a business and live in the same state which you have written in your application
I am sure about 163 that you have to live in the state which has sponsored you until you get your PR. why.....
I have been looking at few business brokers website and there are not many business available in perth and if there are they are bit overpriced may be because of less choice and there are very few freehod units. I run a conv store in UK so I want to buy a retail outlet such as muffin break,aroma cafe.caffissimo,subway or may be at last IGA because thats what I know buy and sell.
As our business and house is going through so I started to compare businesses in QLD and I have to say there is more choice in QLD than WA.
There are more business available in QLD and it could be because of more population and few more cities in QLD than WA.I visited perth last year and loved it but I have to buy a business to live and stay in OZ. Has any body felt like this I know business is hit n miss and sometimes its your luck but you try your best to get it right. Anybody moved from WA to QLD after getting their permanent visa (business based) and felt that QLD had more opportunities on offer for business or generally some one had lived in both states not visited can share their experiences.
I think lot of people will think like me how it feels to leave a good business or job and to start again and try to get it right for your family.
That is the adventure of immigrating so hats off to those who has gone through this and good luck who are thinking and going through this.

Any info and advice will be heartly appreciated
GOLDIE
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CHANGING STATES ?

Hi goldie,
Iam moving to adelaide on a 163 visa next year. I had originally been sponsored by state of Victoria but after the visa was granted we asked if we could change the state of sponsorship and a few emails and that was it done! Fairly easy. I think with you having a 160 visa you could live anywhere in australia. I know that you don't even have to set up the business you put down as your business plan in the visa process you could change it to something totally different. Good luck with it all
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Goldie b is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: CHANGING STATES ?

Hi Rhona
Thanks for reply. I am still looking for business available in both states.
QLD have more options but who knows.. If you dont mind what was your reason behind changing VIC to SA and which business you are going to start or buy.
Gud Luck
Goldie
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CHANGING STATES ?

Originally Posted by Goldie b
Hi Rhona
Thanks for reply. I am still looking for business available in both states.
QLD have more options but who knows.. If you dont mind what was your reason behind changing VIC to SA and which business you are going to start or buy.
Gud Luck
Goldie
Hi Goldie
When we first applied for sponsorship we had been to Victoria but hadnt visited South Australia until a year later and we fell in love with Adelaide then and knew it was for us. As for the business side of things we havent a clue what it will be! Its a very daunting thought. We have a small haulage business in the uk but obviously things will work very different out there so we are just going to wait till we are there to suss things out.