student visa

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

finbar will become famous soon enoughfinbar will become famous soon enough
Default student visa

Hi, we have decided to go down the student visa route as i think it could be the only way to get into Australia, i've seen a place called silver towel in Perth which really interests us, we know its very expensive to go this route but with sale of our house we should be able to manage if we both work our 20 hours per week that's allowed, what i want to know is how much are the school fees for our 6 year old and 3 year old and has anyone got any info on silver trowel , i know we aren't gauranteed to stay in oz after 2 years, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks, mark
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: student visa

Be careful with this route, "not guaranteed" is an optimistic way of putting it, "unlikely" is probably nearer the mark. I wouldnt even think about it unless I had money to burn.

Sorry I dont know about schooling costs, I think maybe it is 5k per child per year.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even consider it.
We have been here for nearly four years after coming on a student visa. It is expensive, stressful, and they are quickly closing all doors for students who want to stay.
Pretty much your only option for any of their courses is employer sponsored. This is extremely hard in the professions silver trowl train people in as most people work as contractors.
I know it is not what you want to hear, I have been there.

If you really do want to come as a student then choose a course where you are more likely to find an actual permanent contract at the end rather than contract work. It is totally different in oz, most jobs employ lots of people as casuals and it can be very hard to get a contract, let alone someone who will go to the effort of sponsoring you.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

here here, i did the silver trowel, started in 2008, and still no where near PR.
very risky very expensive, and now im skint!!
school fees appx $5500 per year