Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Strayan Film Festival in London

Strayan Film Festival in London

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:07 pm
Badge

Default Strayan Film Festival in London

Saw Crackerjack at the Fulham Broadway last night. Typically funny aussie movie about a bowling club with a few shorts thrown in. Best line/moments:

Main lead : "The reason why you guys are great at bowls is because you haven't had a root since 1943". (Just go and see it).

Early on in the film there's a bit where you hear a aussie girl complain on the radio. "What's it in for us, the average 'Strayans?" (Everyone laughed at the aussie complainer, battler stereotype.)

The main character says to the leading lady - the first time we see her. "Nice pins!". she turns around and says "***** off". (go and see it).

My fiance and me were the only Poms there it seemed!
It was so nice to sit in our seats and here nothing but Aussie accents again. Lots of talking, laughter. Not the usual polite conversations.

An Aussie introduced all the films, he even finished by saying
"Righto!". Great stuff,eh. I was beaming all over my face.

Great film - I said to my fiance - "watch and learn". "Take in the humour and get used to it". "Look at the cars - get used to it". (Loads of cars with decent engines - I was in heaven).

The fiance said afterwards - she loves aussie humour, and the vibes from all the Strayan people there. I said "Good. Cos we're going to live there!!!"

badge