Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Strange... wallaby story

Strange... wallaby story

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:05 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Lathlain
As a horticulturist and former Euc grower i can say that Gum trees do far better in the UK than in their native homeland.

For those who want to grow a Euc over here, checkout this good nursery www.eucalyptus.co.uk
Growing eucalypts and acacias where they were never meant to be grown is fraught with danger.

http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/melainv.html

Last edited by Ulujain; Jun 11th 2004 at 8:42 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lathlain
As a horticulturist and former Euc grower i can say that Gum trees do far better in the UK than in their native homeland.

For those who want to grow a Euc over here, checkout this good nursery www.eucalyptus.co.uk
thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

I miss the gum trees so much and I want to recreate my own little corner of Oz in my back garden (even got a furry kookaburra to hang in the tree ) (plus I qualifies as a floral artist in Oz and gum is one of my fave things to work with)

I have just bought a Gunnii for my garden but want to get hold of different varieites...just hope I can get the river red gum cos that's my favourite. I will check out that link asap
HP
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by artep
It says that they think wild wallabies live in the Loch lomond area.
I never saw any when I lived there ....Mind you I was only living there for 3 months!
I think if I saw you coming I would keep out of sight too
Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of Aussie invaders....

The Wiggles are here!!!!

Helllllp! (in a Penelope Pitstop Stylee) :scared:

My 6 year old is getting right into it, she loves anything remotely related to Aus.

Plus those stupid songs, they get stuck in your head, "Dorothy the Dinosaur" etc. hmmmmm....
Old Jun 12th 2004, 8:36 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Larissa
Talking of Aussie invaders....

The Wiggles are here!!!!

Helllllp! (in a Penelope Pitstop Stylee) :scared:

My 6 year old is getting right into it, she loves anything remotely related to Aus.

Plus those stupid songs, they get stuck in your head, "Dorothy the Dinosaur" etc. hmmmmm....
The Wiggles are big here in the US too. My kids own all their DVD's.

Their songs are quite hummable, gotta admit.

Has Between the Lions made it to Australia, anyone know?