Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

actually getting your visa

actually getting your visa

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default actually getting your visa

just need to send off my passport to London to get my visa.

Just two questions if anyone can help

1. It states that it will require 10 working days to get my passport back, is this correct as I have a limited window before I need it again.

2. On my acceptance letter it said to notify them before sending my passport so that the visa is ready but it did not say who "them" was or how to notify. Is this my case officer or have other people just posted the passport with the acceptance letter?

Cheers
Ben.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: actually getting your visa

Originally posted by cooks
just need to send off my passport to London to get my visa.

Just two questions if anyone can help

1. It states that it will require 10 working days to get my passport back, is this correct as I have a limited window before I need it again.

2. On my acceptance letter it said to notify them before sending my passport so that the visa is ready but it did not say who "them" was or how to notify. Is this my case officer or have other people just posted the passport with the acceptance letter?

Cheers
Ben.
Hi Ben

My passport was returned 2 days after sending it to London. You need to send it to your case worker by special delivery and include a return address special delivery envelope.

If you have to have it back within a certain time I would enclose a note explaining this.

Hope this helps.

Sharon
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sharon, I assume you mean my case worker in Adelaide?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cooks
Thanks Sharon, I assume you mean my case worker in Adelaide?

Hi

Sorry I assumed your case worker was up in London. As they are in Adeliade I am afraid I am not sure who you would send it to in London
Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

You simply send your passport to the Australian High Commission (AHC) with a copy of your visa grant letter.

(You should wait 5 days after the date the visa was granted before you send them off though as DIMIA have to transfer your details to AHC.)

The address is on the paperwork sent to you with your visa grant letter.

We posted ours on Tuesday 8/6 and haven't got them back yet....
Husband needs his to go away on business next Tuesday - fingers crossed!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Olive101
You simply send your passport to the Australian High Commission (AHC) with a copy of your visa grant letter.

(You should wait 5 days after the date the visa was granted before you send them off though as DIMIA have to transfer your details to AHC.)

The address is on the paperwork sent to you with your visa grant letter.

We posted ours on Tuesday 8/6 and haven't got them back yet....
Husband needs his to go away on business next Tuesday - fingers crossed!
Update - received passports back Sat 12/6!!
Can't stop looking at them..

Off to celebrate tonight