Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Strange but true...

Strange but true...

Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strange but true...

Anyone else seen this link on the Sydney Morning Herald website? It's had me in stitches!

http://www.smh.com.au/specials/strange/index.html
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:16 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange but true...

Originally posted by bundy
Anyone else seen this link on the Sydney Morning Herald website? It's had me in stitches!

http://www.smh.com.au/specials/strange/index.html

I particularly like the one about the sheep racing in NZ, most of all for the following comment:

The event "was extremely ambitious, sheep being sheep, and people being people," one unnamed woman told New Zealand's TV3 News.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:20 pm
Badge

being the first reply to your own post...

I don't know Bundy. Skull a pint for that.

BM

Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:21 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by badgersmount
being the first reply to your own post...

I don't know Bundy. Skull a pint for that.

BM
I know, I know, head hung in shame. I've really very bored, you see, and have to find a way to fill the next 2 hours, even if it does mean replying to my own threads!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by bundy
I know, I know, head hung in shame. I've really very bored, you see, and have to find a way to fill the next 2 hours, even if it does mean replying to my own threads!
And I have just downed a pint. Of water.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:31 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Mark Your Diary:

Saturday 2nd October 2004: 7th Annual Booligal Sheep Races

Sheep Racing is obviously a very tricky business. If it wasn't, everyone would be organising it, and the TAB would be involved. It seems that only in Booligal do there exist people with the ingenuity and enterprise to organise such an event as Sheep Racing, and it seems to be a lot of fun.

Booligal
Attached Thumbnails Strange but true...-roundboxsheep.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Megalania
Mark Your Diary:

Sheep Racing is obviously a very tricky business. If it wasn't, everyone would be organising it, and the TAB would be involved. It seems that only in Booligal do there exist people with the ingenuity and enterprise to organise such an event as Sheep Racing, and it seems to be a lot of fun.

Booligal
Well we've already got the Great Nundle Dog Race, so maybe sheep racing is next....

I think they do it here in the UK somewhere.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Megalania
Mark Your Diary:

Booligal
Stop it !! I'm getting a lazy one...
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:45 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Can the wooly jumpers clear the bar?

Sunday 8th April 2001 sees the beginning of a new season of sheep racing at Highgate Farm and Animal Trail, Morland, Penrith in the Lake District's aptly named Eden Valley. The sheep racing is held daily during the farms opening times and has grown very popular with entertainment seekers for something a little different from the norm!

Sheep racing at Highgate Farm

Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:38 pm
Banned

Boulia Camel Races 2004: 16/Jul/2004 - 19/Jul/2004

Sun, Sand and Sheilas:

Boulia