Strange

Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold
Default Strange

This is kinda funny.

I noticed a lot of people on here say Aussie TV is Shite. However I think UK TV is shite and so does every single other Kiwi and Aussie I know??!

It's completely odd. I do notice Brits LOVE their reality TV though.

Also, I've noticed in Australia all the good shows are on at prime time which is about 7-9pm. In England the good shows seem to be on at prime time around 9-11pm.

Something to keep in mind I guess.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future
Default Re: Strange

I'm loving the TV here. Far too much reality TV, which I don't enjoy, but must be popular or it wouldn't be would it? UK is as bad in that respect.
I found in the UK most of the good drama's were on too late for me, starting after 10pm, so this is great here House, Cold Case, Medium, CSI etc all on about 8pm. I'm surprised at the lack of Australian made programs though
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunnyskies
I'm loving the TV here. Far too much reality TV, which I don't enjoy, but must be popular or it wouldn't be would it? UK is as bad in that respect.
I found in the UK most of the good drama's were on too late for me, starting after 10pm, so this is great here House, Cold Case, Medium, CSI etc all on about 8pm. I'm surprised at the lack of Australian made programs though

Yea. I study media at uni so I could tell you why we don't have many Aussie TV shows but honestly it would bore you.

I prefer American shows anyway. Shows like Mcleod's Daughters make me want to shoot myself. Most English shows that are apparently prime time in the UK, and only on ABC in Oz have the same effect... agh.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whoever
This is kinda funny.

I noticed a lot of people on here say Aussie TV is Shite. However I think UK TV is shite and so does every single other Kiwi and Aussie I know??!

It's completely odd. I do notice Brits LOVE their reality TV though.

Also, I've noticed in Australia all the good shows are on at prime time which is about 7-9pm. In England the good shows seem to be on at prime time around 9-11pm.

Something to keep in mind I guess.
Thats because the majority of Aussies are in bed and snoring by 9pm......
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana

yep exactly.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

You serious? :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Yep.

Usually we go to bed around 10-11pm. My experiences are that most Aussies are little more active, participate in more sport during the day so by 10-11 you are buggered. Most of my mates do sport at night- time and get up around 6am and go for a run. I live with 12 Aussies as we all pretty much have the same little schedule going.

The Europeans are night owls!!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yep.

Australia is an early to bed and early to rise nation from what I have seen.

Look out the window at 10pm and hardly see a light on.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I think TV is highly over rated and could quite happily live without one!

Hubby on the other hand would probably quite happily live without me than the tv.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

yea come to think of it people in oz do rise early.

When I first moved to London I remember I woke up at 7am on a Sunday and walked down to the high street around 8am for a spot of shopping. I was *shocked* to find that nothing was going to open untill 11am!

I do kinda miss that... I like early morning shopping. But I love night owls too.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:20 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to learn to adapt then ....as I refuse to get out of bed before 10 am on a sunday morning...

but then again there's not that much to get up for round here!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:26 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

at it goes sooo dark soooo early
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I will have to learn to adapt then ....as I refuse to get out of bed before 10 am on a sunday morning...

but then again there's not that much to get up for round here!
Hehe stick to your ways, the weekend sleep in is always needed!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Duane W is an unknown quantity at this point

Shows like Mcleod's Daughters make me want to shoot myself
I think some of the woman are pretty hot myself

Sounds a lot like South Africa
Prime Time tv is also 7 to 9
I hit the sack by 9:30 latest and am up at 5am for gym.
Should fit right in