Stopovers

Old Jun 21st 2003, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Stopovers

Has anyone stopped over in Singapore or Malaysia on route?.

We are thinking of staying overnight to break up the journey a bit.
Can you leave most of your luggage somewhere secure at the Airport and just take a small case with you?

Are there any decent hotels at the airports that have large rooms, for 2 ad, 3 ch?

Thanks Tina

Last edited by tinaj; Jun 21st 2003 at 3:38 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 4:31 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Stopped over in Singapore several times. Last time was without expecting to and had no hotel reservation. The desk in the airport offers several local hotels and the 'free' transport to get you there. They quote you the price before you go and it is quite cheap for that value of hotel i.e. Meridien or Mandarin Excellent hotel )(fruit in the lifts for help yourself etc.) Singapore has lots to offer worth a 4 day break If you book hotel ahead try and get one in the chinese quarter much more interesting and cheaper.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: Stopovers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj

stayed in kuala lumpar for two nights last time. the city is a good hour from the airport, lots of hotels available at good price. it was the first time for us in asia and so different from anywhere before, really enjoyed the break.
however, my mom stayed at an airport hotel just for one night which was top class.
depends on how much time you have i suppose. i think a stopover helps how you feel on arrival in oz.
karen
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed in bangkok for 5 Nights 9 it only cost 100 pounds for the accomodation and we had a fantastic time the kids loved it and we arrived for our new life feeling great. the airport transfer was included and all laugage sorted not problem
paula
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 1:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Tina,

You can definitely leave luggage at Changi Airport (Singapore). We did that when we moved to Aus.

I can personally recommend a few days at the Shangri-La Resort on Sentosa to get some of the jet-lag out of your system:
http://www.shangri-la.com/eng/hotel/35/

With travel to Singapore much reduced because of SARS concerns (Singapore is now SARS-free, according to the WHO) there are (I believe) some bargains to be had if you stop over there.

Best regards.

Originally posted by tinaj

Can you leave most of your luggage somewhere secure at the Airport and just take a small case with you?

Are there any decent hotels at the airports that have large rooms, for 2 ad, 3 ch?

Thanks Tina
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

You should check this funny website http://www.sleepinginairports.net/.

People post their reviews for what airports are easy to sleep in. I read a story there about some girls that pitched a tent in the airport, and got away with it!

BTW- there are several reviews that say Singapore airport is a good place to sleep.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:29 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Im stopping over in Tokyo for 2/3 nights. Its a city ive allways wanted to go to but i`m not treating it as a break to catch up on sleep....no way..non stop partying in the land of the rising sun. then when i land in Perth i will catch up on the sleep.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:54 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Thanks Tina
We stopped over in Singapore for 3 nights, its excellent. I would recommend the 'Night Safari'!!! We really loved the place, it was so clean. It is extreamly hot and humid though, I would step outside our nicely airconditioned room and my hair would go into a mad curly mess!! It was "bad hair day" everyday there!! ended up wearing a cap!!!:scared: